Finance Ministry Issues B60bn “We Win” Bonds

snoop1130

Finance Ministry Issues B60bn “We Win” Bonds

image.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 25 (TNA) – The Finance Ministry issued “Rao Chana” (We Win) saving bonds worth 60 billion with a 2% annual interest in the 2021 fiscal year.

Patricia Mongkhonvanit, director-general of the Public Debt Management Office, said that with the bonds the government planned to raise a fund to relieve COVID-19 impacts on people and stimulate the economy. Saving bonds were secure and offered good returns when the money market faced risks from fluctuating economic conditions, she said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-624439

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-01-25

How generous at 2% interest.  Going to need to hold onto them for awhile to make any money yourself.  Why are they not using the Foreign Currency reserves to assist?  Why do the Thai people need to bail out the country?  Am I missing something here, besides the fact that Thailand does not want to run a debt, or risk the baht dropping down in exchange rates with other foreign currencies....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

2% per year i.e. an interest yield that's lower than the annual inflation rate. How enticing. How luring. How irresistible. For dummies.

I would rather buy the New King Bhumibol gold piece I saw advertised.  Be like a gold krugerand one day.

• Like 1