Samut Sakhon finds 914 new COVID-19 infections

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Nout said:
6 hours ago, Rockhound said:

How many of us know anyone who is ill with Covid now?  I don't know anyone.

In the UK, my ex-wife, a nurse, had Covid in November. Her 2nd cousin died of it age 73. She also had a colleague aged 59 who died of it last week. My son had a colleague who died of it earlier this month also in their 50's. A cousin of my father died last summer.

Some people obviously do not keep in contact with relatives or old acquaintances. They think they know a lot of people, but don't. 

Not a personal acquaintance, but a chap on a UK overnight radio phone-in has just lost his third sister to Covid. All three were nurses and of an age where their risk was greater but engaged in an occupation where they didn't have many other choices.

Edited by NanLaew

10 minutes ago, rickudon said:

In the UK, my ex-wife, a nurse, had Covid in November. Her 2nd cousin died of it age 73. She also had a colleague aged 59 who died of it last week. My son had a colleague who died of it earlier this month also in their 50's. A cousin of my father died last summer.

Some people obviously do not keep in contact with relatives or old acquaintances. They think they know a lot of people, but don't. 

My sister aged 54 had it and was quite sick for a few days - she's super fit so got over it, but 6 months later it recurred (latent symptoms not the virus, i.e. 'long Covid') and she was far worse, with pleurisy. That is likely to have effects far into the future.

Edited by katatonic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

So how do you know about them?

For this outbreak we can surely thank the Elite who needed to save around 200 baht a day per Burmese labourer over Thai labourer that they are supposed to 'Love' ( Thai rak Thai ) .

They used corrupt officials  to get the infected Burmese  on-site  without the pesky expense of paying for their  Quarantine , and continue to use corruption to  avoid any repercussions , and the Thai Government say and do  nothing about it all.

Every Thai taxpayer and business in Thailand  is now paying for their greed and it is  they that  should be bankrupted  by being made to pay for treatments.

Doesn't Thailand require every visitor to have Covid insurance coverage of $100,000 or is that for a select few?

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Please explain how can that possibly happen? How can widespread testing "uncover" anything meaningful?

IT will give an avenue and then credibility for where the virus is spreading and going, even if Asymptomatic.  Look at the recent uptick with cases from the DJ, the Police commander, and the employee's at Icon Siam.  

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

What was it Sunday ? Found 5000, Monday found another 900 - where are they on worldometer ?

You find "Worldometer" on Google, press enter, scroll down the list from  "USA" and you will find it!

Oh, go on then - I wanted to know as well! 

123 Thailand 14,646 +959

From memory, "best" position was 140 - now up to 123

15 hours ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

As a comparison with neighbors seven day averages for Laos and Cambodia are zero and three respectively.   Job well done!  Before anyone tries to claim Laos and Cambodia aren't as transparent as Thailand don't bother - the "if Thailand were lying about their numbers there would be full hospitals and bodies in the streets" crowd will be along to shout you down seeing as how there are no full hospitals or bodies in the streets in Laos or Cambodia either.

The road accidents overwhelm Covid in hospitals to make it appear insignificant. Thailand has only completed 1,300,000 tests since the start and as you have to pay for hospital, the general public stay in bed at home without reporting it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, charmonman said:

So, a certain percentage of people infected with this virus do end up sick enough to require hospitalization. So if there were indeed thousands upon thousands of infections there would indeed be a lot of hospitalizations, which does not seem to be the case. 
Kindly explain the flaw in this argument.

I am still trying to figure out what the point of hs post was for to start with. I am not in laos or cambodia and could care less about there cases.

1 hour ago, Bradmeister said:

Dormitories? 

Is that what 20' and 40' shipping containers are called now? 

Where people are expected to sleep, eat, cook, raise new born's, copulate, and urinate/defecate are not called  "containers", but:

Dormitories, got it. 

images.jpeg-4.jpg

The new rage, alot of work goes into one of those to make it habitable

4 hours ago, rickudon said:

What was their health like though? Were they obese? Alcoholics? Eating healthy? Exercising regularly?

As we’ve seen just this week, both Larry King and Hank Aaron died shortly after taking the vaccine. It seems the vaccine is also a risk for those that are frail.

Bottom line is that if you’ve taken care of your body and done your due diligence, covid is not a risk or even a remote risk. This is supported by massive amounts of data.

If you haven’t taken care of yourself, then you are likely at as much risk from the vaccine itself as you are from covid.

Moral of the story: take care of your health. It really is that simple. Stop drinking, stop eating fast food, go to the gym. Case closed.

Edited by Pracha Duang

1 hour ago, Pracha Duang said:

What was their health like though? Were they obese? Alcoholics? Eating healthy? Exercising regularly?

As we’ve seen just this week, both Larry King and Hank Aaron died shortly after taking the vaccine. It seems the vaccine is also a risk for those that are frail.

Bottom line is that if you’ve taken care of your body and done your due diligence, covid is not a risk or even a remote risk. This is supported by massive amounts of data.

If you haven’t taken care of yourself, then you are likely at as much risk from the vaccine itself as you are from covid.

Moral of the story: take care of your health. It really is that simple. Stop drinking, stop eating fast food, go to the gym. Case closed.

Larry King did not take the covid vaccine, he died after being in hospital for a week having tested positive for covid-19 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-ent-larry-king-dead-covid-19-20210123-4k7loudt5vh5pc3b7bwvfna64a-story.html

There is no proof Hank Aaron died from taking the vaccine 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hank-aaron-vaccine/

8 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Nothing new here.

These high figures essentially show a high level of infection among the foreign workers of Samut Sakhon as well as some Thais who rub shoulders with them.

As we already knew, the province is locked.

Let us wish these rather young people a good recovery, and for the country to succeed in containing the epidemic in this area.

Wishful thinking, the province is locked, Is Tachilek locked, are all the building sites locked? The Labour trade in Thailand has been sick for some time, why Thais cannot build is another no brainer. 

Quite likely a class problem as well as a greed problem. 

Young Thai men don't want to be seen as Gamagons, common farm labour. 

Lots of young men liked to be mangdas and live off their girlfriends. 

Now that's over, drug dealing and theft will get worse. 

Something very fishy, smells and stinks, and not one corrupt official or wealthy Fishhead apprehended. 

Fish all over the face of the enlightened one.

It may be just a matter of time before the other big boys in this Los, suddenly awaken, like Rip Van Winkle, and realise that they are going to be ruined by their own government gangsters 

18 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

During the peak in my state of Colorado we had an average of 23 people per hospital. That's from roughly 2500 active hospitalizations and 108 hospitals, in a population of 5.8 million. Please anyone explain how Thailands chaotic public hospital system would have have any idea whatsoever if there were 20-30 more people in the hospital.

US has terrible numbers compared to any Asian country and most European countries (compare CO with Denmark which has a similar population) so Thailand would most certainly have much lower hospitalizations.

Covid deaths per head of population in America 1.67%  is way lower than the global average of 2.15% or UKs 2.71%. Thailand 0,51%, go figure.

On 1/26/2021 at 10:23 AM, Moonlover said:

And just where did you get this information from, especially if they are, as YOU say unreported?

Show us the EVIDENCE!

If you can wait I will run around to all the villages and provinces and get affidavits, give me a break. 

• Sad 1

On 1/26/2021 at 10:52 AM, Rockhound said:

How many of us know anyone who is ill with Covid now?  I don't know anyone.

I dont know anyone who's died on the roads either, or anyone with the Flu, or anyone who's had a heart attack or anyone who's had a stroke.....your point is ???

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DUNROAMIN said:
On 1/26/2021 at 10:23 AM, Moonlover said:

And just where did you get this information from, especially if they are, as YOU say unreported?

Show us the EVIDENCE!

1 hour ago, DUNROAMIN said:

If you can wait I will run around to all the villages and provinces and get affidavits, give me a break. 

Just as I thought. No evidence. Case closed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 9:21 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Not in the least, we just want the truth to be know for safety reasons and concerns for our families here.  I could give a rats a...in what the west is doing.  I live here, and please stop with the freaking comparisons.  You folks just will not give it a rest and want to compare.  I don't want to compare, as I live here and want clarity and not hidden agendas.  Move along.

You have been told. Accept it or move along.