Craft Beer Association calls for reopening of bars, demands changes to Thailand’s draconian laws on alcohol advertising

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suspect you wouldn't be so arrogant if your ability to provide for yourself and your family depended upon the hospitality industry. ... It's so easy to make flippant amd selfish remarks wh

On what do base your comments? Do you have data that shows that consumption of alcohol or dining at restaurants beyond 21:00 increases the transmission of the virus.  

Opening bars at this point in the pandemic is INSANE. It's not about people taking their own risks. It's about the risks to the public in general that recklessness causes. I was respond

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Patanawet said:

On what do base your comments?

Do you have data that shows that consumption of alcohol or dining at restaurants beyond 21:00 increases the transmission of the virus.

I was only talking about opening up of BARS. I didn't comment on opening hours of restaurants, so please don't bother baiting me in such a ridiculous way.

I think anyone with basic common sense understands why you can't open up bars in a pandemic. To anyone that doesn't understand that, you have my sympathies and I will refer you to google. 

• Sad 5

"They said bars should be allowed to re-open and restaurants should be allowed to serve  alcohol, providing establishments can put effective social distancing measures in place. "

Social distancing in the entertainment industry... I think these people drink too much of their own stuff. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Jingthing said:
9 hours ago, fishtank said:

Thailand has craft beer?

Even in 7-11. I think it's called "Kraft" beer there or am I confusing it with cheese?

One of the new wonders of the world is that Siam Weizen and one of the Cheers brands brewed by Thai Asia Pacific Brewery, is a half-decent wheat beer, albeit only at 4%. Tapper isn't bad either. Relatively speaking of course, but still better than Singha and Chang. Tiny, tiny steps.....

• Like 2