Craft Beer Association calls for reopening of bars, demands changes to Thailand’s draconian laws on alcohol advertising

snoop1130

9 hours ago, pattjock said:

If they were allowed to brew in Thailand you would possibly be able to find a fine IPA for around 50 Baht.

And it would still taste like old socks. 

Craft beer suffers from two huge issues, one being the taste as most of it tastes foul, the other being availability.  

I know I can walk into just about any bar anywhere in the world and order a mass produced lager and it will taste great. 

But even if I find a craft beer that is palatable, I won't be able to buy it everywhere I go.  I won't even be able to get it in different craft beer bars.  I may even go to the craft beer bar I first tried it at, only to find they've decided to have 12 totally different beers on tap.  

9 hours ago, pattjock said:

If they were allowed to brew in Thailand you would possibly be able to find a fine IPA for around 50 Baht.

Craft beer suffers from two huge issues, one being the taste as most of it tastes foul, the other being availability.  

I know I can walk into just about any bar anywhere in the world and order a mass produced lager and it will taste great. 

But even if I find a craft beer that is palatable, I won't be able to buy it everywhere I go.  I won't even be able to get it in different craft beer bars.  I may even go to the craft beer bar I first tried it at, only to find they've decided to have 12 totally different beers on tap.  

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

Taste is individual. Your mass produced beer (Heineken?) will always be available and taste the same all over the world. To me it taste like nothing. For others it would be nice with a variety of different beers.