Keira Knightley: I won't shoot any more sex scenes directed by men

snoop1130

3 hours ago, connda said:

Why is it so important to Hollywood to have sex scenes (and smoking) in virtually every movie they make.  When you can't produce a movie with an actual plot - toss in a sex scene.

Always wondered the same thing.  It’s almost like filler to add an extra (useless) 10 minutes to the film.  Don’t really see much smoking in movies these days although I can’t remember ever seeing Nick Nolte without one in the movies of yesteryear.

On 1/25/2021 at 8:45 AM, snoop1130 said:

Keira Knightley: I won't shoot any more sex scenes directed by men

3618.jpg

Keira Knightley at the world premiere of Misbehaviour in London, in March 2020. Photograph: Joel C Ryan/Invision/AP

Keira Knightley has expressed her discomfort with shooting intimate scenes, saying that she will no longer do so if the film is directed by a man.

In conversation with director Lulu Wang and writer-producer Diane Solway on the Chanel Connects podcast, Knightley credited the “male gaze” and her own personal vanity with the decision.

“If I was making a story that was about that journey of motherhood and body acceptance, I feel like, I’m sorry, but that would have to be with a female film-maker,” Knightley said. “I don’t have an absolute ban, but I kind of do with men.”

She continued: “I don’t want it to be those horrible sex scenes where you’re all greased up and everybody is grunting. I’m not interested in doing that.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/jan/25/keira-knightley-wont-shoot-sex-scenes-directed-by-men

she does have a point, sex scenes in movies are <deleted> boring, and she comes across as a boring sex anyhow, so who want to see her like that in a movie ????

stay dressed up, you look better that way darling

20 hours ago, Airalee said:

Always wondered the same thing.  It’s almost like filler to add an extra (useless) 10 minutes to the film.  Don’t really see much smoking in movies these days although I can’t remember ever seeing Nick Nolte without one in the movies of yesteryear.

Back in the 60's it was a way to get photo spread in Playboy. Sharon Tate in "The Fearless Vampire Killers". Not a sex scene, but her in a sudsy tub... yum yum to my teenage mind