'Cinemas will die': Former Bond girl Valerie Leon insists No Time To Die should not be streamed

snoop1130

'Cinemas will die': Former Bond girl Valerie Leon insists No Time To Die should not be streamed

By SEAN O'GRADY and ROXY SIMONS

38442964-9183691-image-a-2_1611568586982.jpg

Opinion: Former Bond girl Valerie Leon has insisted No Time To Die should not be streamed online after the film was delayed yet again by another six months

Former Bond girl Valerie Leon has insisted No Time To Die should not be streamed online after the film was delayed yet again by another six months.

The upcoming James Bond blockbuster was previously slated to be released on April 2 after already being hit by several changes due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Speaking on Good Morning Britain, Valerie, 77, took part in a debate on whether the film should be streamed and insisted cinemas will 'die' without major films. 

She said: 'I disagree totally that they should be streamed. The franchise is so special, so special. The anticipation of waiting for it to be released in the cinemas.' 

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9183691/Cinemas-die-Bond-girl-Valerie-Leon-insists-No-Time-Die-NOT-streamed.html

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

PS If you have use the toilet so frequently that you cannot sit for 3 hours then you should see a doctor. And if you blame it on drinking,  maybe not drink so much.

When I see a movie in the theatre, I like to get some popcorn and a large coke to wash it down with. That large coke makes it quite likely that I will not make 3 hours without a trip to the toilet. With a three hour movie, a brief intermission makes a lot of sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, timendres said:

When I see a movie in the theatre, I like to get some popcorn and a large coke to wash it down with. That large coke makes it quite likely that I will not make 3 hours without a trip to the toilet. With a three hour movie, a brief intermission makes a lot of sense.

Yep, wasn't an issue with the old style 90 minutes movies - try watching Tenet without  a break - miss 2 minutes of that and you might as well start over.

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

She's wrong, Cinemas are not going to die....they're already dead.

As movies became longer and longer in duration over the last couple of decades I noticed that I would pretty much always need to go to the toilets once during the show and miss part of the movie.

Why should I do that? I could sit there and drink nothing for 3 hours but I like either a water or some kind of soft drink and maybe even a hotdog or some popcorn while watching.

So I don't go to the cinema, ever, not in these days of 3 hour long movies.

I would however pay a very good fee to watch the latest release around the time it first comes out via some pay per view app so long as I can pause it whenever I feel like it while watching.

3 hour movies require bathroom breaks especially if you're drinking.

Being a pirate, I prefer to wait a couple of days more for the torrent and pay zip and then do whatever I like with whomever I like.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, car720 said:

Being a pirate, I prefer to wait a couple of days more for the torrent and pay zip and then do whatever I like with whomever I like.

I don't mind paying for entertainment, but right now they don't allow me to do so. I still get entertained (torrents) but I would pay if it was available through some app released by the studio on the smart TV.

They're missing out on my money and there will be a lot of others like me, many millions just like me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

I don't mind paying for entertainment, but right now they don't allow me to do so. I still get entertained (torrents) but I would pay if it was available through some app released by the studio on the smart TV.

They're missing out on my money and there will be a lot of others like me, many millions just like me.

Same here. I happily pay for Netflix and Prime. But so much content is not available, or only available in some countries. In those cases, I let the torrent rain. Also, I will be damned if I am going to subscribe to 20 different streaming services just because these folks cannot come up with a model of shared revenues.

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

She's wrong, Cinemas are not going to die....they're already dead.

As movies became longer and longer in duration over the last couple of decades I noticed that I would pretty much always need to go to the toilets once during the show and miss part of the movie.

Why should I do that? I could sit there and drink nothing for 3 hours but I like either a water or some kind of soft drink and maybe even a hotdog or some popcorn while watching.

So I don't go to the cinema, ever, not in these days of 3 hour long movies.

I would however pay a very good fee to watch the latest release around the time it first comes out via some pay per view app so long as I can pause it whenever I feel like it while watching.

3 hour movies require bathroom breaks especially if you're drinking.

Time to see your urologist.

Don't blame the length of the movie????

• Haha 1

Unless you have a proper home cinema nothing beats watching a movie on the silver screen and as long as prices stay fairly affordable people will watch movies in theaters. 

How much is a normal ticket now in Thai cinemas? I remember around 80 Baht back in 2004. I think the last price I’ve seen was 120 Baht. 

I haven't stepped foot in a movie theater for years. Crazy pricing, from the actual ticket to whatever snacks you want to purchase it just isn't worth it.

We have a pretty decent home theater experience, and I'm fine with closing the blinds, turning off the lights to feel the movie. Plus I can pause it if I want a pee, get food whatever all for a fraction of the cost of getting in the car and driving to that overpriced theater.

In my mind at least the movie theater has been dead for years, the studios are just now accepting that reality, despite the screaming of the theater chains

Edited by GinBoy2