Where do you recommend I search for house rentals in Surat Thani (on the mainland, not the islands)?

Santogold

Hi everyone ????

I currently live in Hua Hin but recently visited Surat Thani (the main city - not Koh Samui, etc) with my girlfriend and I love it there. I was planning to move to either Chiang Mai or Phuket in May but now I'm seriously considering Surat Thani instead. I've been searching for houses to rent in the 100,000 to 150,000 baht per month range, in ST, but nothing comes up. I was hoping there would be some luxury homes available with a great view but so far, have found only a few condos. Yes, I know that amount of money per month is going to attract flames by people who think I'm trolling. I tried searching Thai FB groups and searching Thai sites in google and nothing comes up. So I'm posting here, in the hopes that someone who lives in/has lived in Surat Thani can give some recommendations. 

1. Do you know of any site that lists luxury homes for rent in Surat Thani (on the mainland, not the islands)?
  2. If no such site exists, can you recommend any areas/neighborhoods in Surat Thani (on the mainland, not the islands) that are known to have luxury homes? That way I'll just go through the area myself looking for rental signs.

11 hours ago, Santogold said:

I've been searching for houses to rent in the 100,000 to 150,000 baht per month range, in ST, but nothing comes up.

I very much doubt anything that would warrant such a rental exists in Surat Thani.

You might spend some time looking at the town from Google Earth, see if you can spot any houses with pools, that will give you suitable postcodes to drive around.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stocky said:

I very much doubt anything that would warrant such a rental exists in Surat Thani.

You might spend some time looking at the town from Google Earth, see if you can spot any houses with pools, that will give you suitable postcodes to drive around.

Best of luck.

Ah, that's a great idea. Thank you. Will try that.