UPVC windows

rocky123

1 hour ago, rocky123 said:

Thinking of renewing old timber windows with upvc. Any tips on best AFFORDABLE firm in Pattaya please

I absolutely know the right guy but have lost his contact details. Will get back to you asap. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adexbe said:

i am still wondering if pvc is better than aluminium ?

There are great aluminum products and crappy aluminum products, there are great plastic windows and crappy plastic windows. Nothing wrong with good wooden windows either. 

What are you hoping to gain from the "upgrade"? 

It might be a good idea to read up on windows before you actually pull the trigger. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I have aluminium. The frames get very hot in the sun. Not good for my aircons.

Those are the cheap type. Good aluminum frames have thermal breaks. But since most people prefer cheap including the original poster, it's a very valid comment.

9 hours ago, canopy said:

Those are the cheap type. Good aluminum frames have thermal breaks. But since most people prefer cheap including the original poster, it's a very valid comment.

aluminium is aluminium and i there is no difference in any frame

11 hours ago, adexbe said:

aluminium is aluminium and i there is no difference in any frame

Incorrect even in the cheap frames there are 3 different thickness of profiles & once you move up in quality there are many different frames, some of them include thermal breaks.

It is a good idea to know, at least, something about the subject  before posting. From your post It’s clear that you know little about aluminium frames

• Like 2

On 1/26/2021 at 7:44 AM, Oldie said:

I have aluminium. The frames get very hot in the sun. Not good for my aircons.

Would it not be the GLASS which gets very hot, not the frames. Need double glazing.

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Would it not be the GLASS which gets very hot, not the frames. Need double glazing.

It is not the glass. It is the aluminium that gets hot. Mine have a dark brown color and it is extreme. If you want to have better ones you need more expensive ones like others said here already. Often you will end up with expensive imports.

But there is an additional problem. In many condos they have cheap old aluminium frames. And you might not be allowed to change the color or the design. Then your options will be very limited. You can install a second window inside then. 

Edited by Oldie

50 minutes ago, Oldie said:

It is not the glass. It is the aluminium that gets hot.

Come round to my place then. The glass can get too hot to touch sometimes when it's had direct sunlight on it for a few hours. The white aluminium frames are cool and are a far smaller area of course.

Edited by KannikaP

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

The glass can both get hot (though not as much as dark aluminium) and allow heat to radiate. This is why the first step is to keep the sun off the windows. The second step is to use low-e glass. The third step is double or triple glazing. The forth step is heat protection blinds or curtains.

*Deleted post edited out*

Get a few rolls of adhesive back weather stripping or foam tape and stick on the outside frames.

I have dark bronze anodized frames an they don't seem to get very hot, but they don't get much direct sun. 

If I could find windows I really like I would change them, but I haven't seen any. Seen a lot that were okay, but none I thought were great. 

Edited by Scott

On 1/26/2021 at 9:45 AM, Catkiwi said:

I have the guy's contact number now can you pm me?

Can you share these details - is it a company or an individual? 

I have had UPVC installs in Pattaya, but not for some years, and may be looking again soon, so would be interested to see if there is someone else/new I am not aware of.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, topt said:

Can you share these details - is it a company or an individual? 

I have had UPVC installs in Pattaya, but not for some years, and may be looking again soon, so would be interested to see if there is someone else/new I am not aware of.

It is a company and if you pm me with your contact number I will get you in touch with them. I'm only helping out here and don't know how far I can go with posting