Renewing Thai ID under 20 years old

BlueFlowery01

3 hours ago, blackcab said:

How old are you?

I'm 16. I'm asking about renewing my Thai ID under age 20 because I haven't been able to find info online about this and also because of personal reasons. My Thai ID expires 1 day before my 18 birthday so I wanted to know if I could renew it when I'm under 20 years old.

• 2 years later...
On 1/26/2021 at 8:58 AM, Kwasaki said:

Go your local govt office and ask as it says there is exceptions to age in some circumstances.

https://www.isaanlawyers.com/question/age-children-become-adults-thailand/#:~:text=20 yo is majority in,There are exceptions%2C like always.

This link doesn't work. Majority is 20 years in Thailand and children of 7 yo can get a Thai ID. It is an official document and important.

Sebastien from ThaiLawOnline.

PS: I wrote the text in the link above that was deleted!!! 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, ThaiLawOnline said:

This link doesn't work. Majority is 20 years in Thailand and children of 7 yo can get a Thai ID. It is an official document and important.

Sebastien from ThaiLawOnline.

PS: I wrote the text in the link above that was deleted!!! 

It works on my mobile. 

1000 baht for 30 mins talking to English speaking  lawyer.

2000 for an hour. 

If you wanted your wife there with you same price for a Thai & English speaking lawyer.

There's another lawyer firm in Bangkok that offers an hour free consultation and also gives estimates of costs. 

Many lawyers on Google Search. 

Edited by Kwasaki
Ads blocking typing area.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

Majority is 20 yo. 
it is clause 19 of the Thai commercial and civil code.

Section 19. A person, on completion of twenty years of age, ceases to be a minor and become sui juris.

« Sui juris » is a Latin for a legal expression meaning adult. There are exceptions in the law. Someone who get married under 20 can become « sui juris ».

See clause 20 of the Thai commercial and civil code if they follow 1448 and following.