Prab’s brother enters election for Patong Mayor

webfact

Prab’s brother enters election for Patong Mayor

By The Phuket News

1611555199_1-org.jpg

Pakrit Keesin publicly announced yesterday (Jan 24) that he would be contesting the position of Patong Mayor in the upcoming election. Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET: Pakrit Keesin, younger brother to influential Patong businessman Preechawut ‘Prab’ Keesin, has announced that he will contest the seat of mayor in the upcoming municipal election in Patong to be held on Mar 28.

Mr Pakrit, whose nickname is ‘Puen’, the Thai word for “gun” [Mr Pakrit chooses to spell his nickname this way], made the announcement at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa in Patong yesterday (Jan 24).

The announcement came as the Rak Patong Party announced all their candidates for the Patong municipal election.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/prab-brother-enters-election-for-patong-mayor-78776.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-01-26

All Prab’s heroic efforts in helping the people of Patong get through the last  9 or 10 months will no doubt pay off, he fully deserves what is coming to him, even though he is using his brother as a front.

The current mayor Kebsup has done absolutely nothing for the Thai people since the lock down crippled Patong. Most of the people that voted for her last time will be long gone. She doesn’t stand a chance this time round.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, taxin said:

All Prab’s heroic efforts in helping the people of Patong get through the last  9 or 10 months will no doubt pay off, he fully deserves what is coming to him, even though he is using his brother as a front.

The current mayor Kebsup has done absolutely nothing for the Thai people since the lock down crippled Patong. Most of the people that voted for her last time will be long gone. She doesn’t stand a chance this time round.

Well, I guess the citizenry of Patong will have to choose between someone who has accomplished very little in her term, and another who's family has a deep and well-known history of corruption, extortion and illegal activity.  Not much of a choice.

22 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Well, I guess the citizenry of Patong will have to choose between someone who has accomplished very little in her term, and another who's family has a deep and well-known history of corruption, extortion and illegal activity.  Not much of a choice.

Nope. It's who pays the most for their vote. It's that simple.

16 hours ago, damen said:

Keesin Family is still better then Kebsup. Lol the underground laying of electricity cable till now still not done yet. What she promise i havent see it yet. 

I agree on the abysmal progress on current Beach Road works. However cast your mind back to the last time the Beach Road underwent major works under the direction of the late lamented mayor of the day and the fiasco surrounding the manhole/drain covers. I foresee the same excuses being rolled out in (around) June time.... “there is no money in the budget for fixing the manholes”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bloodyholly said:

I agree on the abysmal progress on current Beach Road works. However cast your mind back to the last time the Beach Road underwent major works under the direction of the late lamented mayor of the day and the fiasco surrounding the manhole/drain covers. I foresee the same excuses being rolled out in (around) June time.... “there is no money in the budget for fixing the manholes”

Well there certainly won't be any money in the budget for fixing anything and it doesn't matter which mob gets into power because they are all crooks of the first order.

Patong is riddled with corruption from top to bottom and the best us expats can do is to try and ignore it and get on with our lives – – that's provided our lives are not cut short by large potholes, flooded roads, landslides, hanging cables and whatever else hasn't been maintained correctly here.

It's a joke, but not to laugh at.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who sees the  funny in the location at Royal Paradise Hotel?

A hotel is a bland big concrete structure devoid of  soul.  Located in the heart of the homosexual section of Patong,  before the exodus, one drove in and out past a series of short time massage parlors, cheap bars, and ran the gauntlet of ladyboys and prostitutes.

He is the retro candidate and what Patong needs is someone new and forward thinking.