Jump to content

Are all asymptomatic C19-cases (foreigners/ASQ) hospitalized 14 days?


Recommended Posts

Hi, 

 

While we all have heard some cases of foreigners being tested positive for C19 early in ASQ are being sent to hospital - is it the case that all are being sent, and is it for a full 14 day period? I mean, if they already are in a quarantine and they are healthy otherwise...

Link to post
Share on other sites

You are transferred to a hospital within the hour for, I believe, minimum 10 days. 

 

Could be worse, if you where in Malaysia you could end up here:

 

Facebook.png.c96a754f990a4b5c722ac996b070eb2c.png

 

which is where a foreigner who tested positive getting a PCR test to fly home to the UK is at the moment. Company insurance but they refused him to be transferred to a private hospital.

 

Edited by Salerno
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Salerno said:

You are transferred to a hospital within the hour for, I believe, minimum 10 days. 

 

Could be worse, if you where in Malaysia you could end up here:

 

Facebook.png.c96a754f990a4b5c722ac996b070eb2c.png

 

which is where a foreigner who tested positive getting a PCR test to fly home to the UK is at the moment. Company insurance but they refused him to be transferred to a private hospital.

 

Geez, that looks terrible.

You are hospitalized here until I believe you have 2 negative tests.  So, could be up to 10 days it seems.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Geez, that looks terrible.

You are hospitalized here until I believe you have 2 negative tests.  So, could be up to 10 days it seems.

 

 

Thank you sir. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Salerno said:

You are transferred to a hospital within the hour for, I believe, minimum 10 days. 

 

Could be worse, if you where in Malaysia you could end up here:

 

Facebook.png.c96a754f990a4b5c722ac996b070eb2c.png

 

which is where a foreigner who tested positive getting a PCR test to fly home to the UK is at the moment. Company insurance but they refused him to be transferred to a private hospital.

 

I saw something similar happen when SARS was about, guy in Vietnam was sent to a government hospital.

 

If it's classed as a government controlled disease i guess it does n't matter how good your insurance is.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

If it's classed as a government controlled disease i guess it does n't matter how good your insurance is.

 

Yep, just one of the risks travelling in these times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens in Thailand while in ASQ? Would they send you to hospital , will your Covid insurance 100 000 us  pay for it, and once the 100 000 runs out ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, geisha said:

What happens in Thailand while in ASQ? Would they send you to hospital

 

11 hours ago, Salerno said:

You are transferred to a hospital within the hour for, I believe, minimum 10 days. 

 

37 minutes ago, geisha said:

will your Covid insurance 100 000 us  pay for it

 

Depends on your insurance; triple check it and get it in writing. Also need to consider if they will pat up front or you have to then claim.

 

38 minutes ago, geisha said:

and once the 100 000 runs out ??

 

Then you pay (unlikely to cost that much unless you actually get seriously sick).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Salerno said:

 

 

 

Depends on your insurance; triple check it and get it in writing. Also need to consider if they will pat up front or you have to then claim.

 

 

Then you pay (unlikely to cost that much unless you actually get seriously sick).

You are not sent to a state or private hospital in Thailand if you are not showing symptoms, but are asymptomatic.  

You are sent to one of the Thai Field hospitals that have been built.

Although not as bad as the Malaysian one, they are very similar and not far off.

No privacy.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

They send you to hospital as far as I am aware and if sharing with wife etc and they test negative and you test positive I think they need restart 14 day quarantine in hotel again . If you test positive and feel perfectly fine I think they take you to hospital until you pass 2 tests and you basically just spend the days sitting around on a bed waiting for them to come test you . But they can keep you until as long as is needed seemingly, be it a week or 4 weeks etc .

As for insurance paying , some will pay everything, some won’t pay first two weeks in Thailand and some won’t pay if you test positive but have no symptoms but are kept in hospital. Best get best insurance possible and read and question everything before buying .

That DJ is asymptomatic and is in hospital. I was under the impression that the current field hospitals are being used by migrant workers. That may change if the hospitals are over capacity. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Stickboybkk website has a story on this subject from a guy that had this experience. It is entitled 'A story about when ASQ goes wrong'. No link as it may not be allowed by TVF.

 

Upshot is that after a + test result (after a few days in ASQ), he is transported PDQ to the linked hospital. He had no symptoms. It's a long read and I have only seen part 1 of the experience. The 2nd part may already be out but haven't seen it yet. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...