Are all asymptomatic C19-cases (foreigners/ASQ) hospitalized 14 days?

aldriglikvid

Hi, 

While we all have heard some cases of foreigners being tested positive for C19 early in ASQ are being sent to hospital - is it the case that all are being sent, and is it for a full 14 day period? I mean, if they already are in a quarantine and they are healthy otherwise...

You are transferred to a hospital within the hour for, I believe, minimum 10 days. 

Could be worse, if you where in Malaysia you could end up here:

Facebook.png.c96a754f990a4b5c722ac996b070eb2c.png

which is where a foreigner who tested positive getting a PCR test to fly home to the UK is at the moment. Company insurance but they refused him to be transferred to a private hospital.

Edited by Salerno

28 minutes ago, Salerno said:

You are transferred to a hospital within the hour for, I believe, minimum 10 days. 

which is where a foreigner who tested positive getting a PCR test to fly home to the UK is at the moment. Company insurance but they refused him to be transferred to a private hospital.

Geez, that looks terrible.

You are hospitalized here until I believe you have 2 negative tests.  So, could be up to 10 days it seems.

3 hours ago, Salerno said:

I saw something similar happen when SARS was about, guy in Vietnam was sent to a government hospital.

If it's classed as a government controlled disease i guess it does n't matter how good your insurance is.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, geisha said:

What happens in Thailand while in ASQ? Would they send you to hospital

11 hours ago, Salerno said:

37 minutes ago, geisha said:

will your Covid insurance 100 000 us  pay for it

Depends on your insurance; triple check it and get it in writing. Also need to consider if they will pat up front or you have to then claim.

38 minutes ago, geisha said:

and once the 100 000 runs out ??

Then you pay (unlikely to cost that much unless you actually get seriously sick).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Depends on your insurance; triple check it and get it in writing. Also need to consider if they will pat up front or you have to then claim.

Then you pay (unlikely to cost that much unless you actually get seriously sick).

You are not sent to a state or private hospital in Thailand if you are not showing symptoms, but are asymptomatic.  

You are sent to one of the Thai Field hospitals that have been built.

Although not as bad as the Malaysian one, they are very similar and not far off.

No privacy.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

They send you to hospital as far as I am aware and if sharing with wife etc and they test negative and you test positive I think they need restart 14 day quarantine in hotel again . If you test positive and feel perfectly fine I think they take you to hospital until you pass 2 tests and you basically just spend the days sitting around on a bed waiting for them to come test you . But they can keep you until as long as is needed seemingly, be it a week or 4 weeks etc .

As for insurance paying , some will pay everything, some won’t pay first two weeks in Thailand and some won’t pay if you test positive but have no symptoms but are kept in hospital. Best get best insurance possible and read and question everything before buying .

That DJ is asymptomatic and is in hospital. I was under the impression that the current field hospitals are being used by migrant workers. That may change if the hospitals are over capacity. 

• Like 1

The Stickboybkk website has a story on this subject from a guy that had this experience. It is entitled 'A story about when ASQ goes wrong'. No link as it may not be allowed by TVF.

Upshot is that after a + test result (after a few days in ASQ), he is transported PDQ to the linked hospital. He had no symptoms. It's a long read and I have only seen part 1 of the experience. The 2nd part may already be out but haven't seen it yet. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nickmondo said:

You are not sent to a state or private hospital in Thailand if you are not showing symptoms, but are asymptomatic.  

You are sent to one of the Thai Field hospitals that have been built.

Although not as bad as the Malaysian one, they are very similar and not far off.

No privacy.

Incorrect, for the possibility we where talking about - testing positive in ASQ. All have been taken to hospital.

If an expat/farang already in Thailand tested positive no idea as haven't seen any reports to date but if insured,IMO, it would be hospital at this time as they aren't overflowing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, geisha said:

What happens in Thailand while in ASQ? Would they send you to hospital , will your Covid insurance 100 000 us  pay for it, and once the 100 000 runs out ??

If you only bought your insurance before coming to Thailand, you probably aren't covered while in quarantine, you have to pay out of pocket if you go into hospital.  They consider it pre-existing if you test positive while in ASQ.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Schlepenstein said:

If you only bought your insurance before coming to Thailand, you probably aren't covered while in quarantine, you have to pay out of pocket if you go into hospital.  They consider it pre-existing if you test positive while in ASQ.

That's a bit unnecessary scaremongering, probably doesn't come into it if you do your due diligence. Plenty of people have been taken to hospital and their insurance is paying. A few have hit problems including another case I just gave a heads-up about https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1203549-insurance-william-russell-uk-based-company/

Bottom, get it in writing from your insurance they will cover you if asymptomatic and dragged off to hospital.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 8:03 PM, geisha said:

... and once the 100 000 runs out ??

As mentioned previously, you'd have to be in a bad way for that to happen. To put a figure on it as an example, just read a new report, guy is getting charged 40,000 Bht for 10 days at BNH hospital.

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2021 at 8:21 PM, Salerno said:

That's a bit unnecessary scaremongering, probably doesn't come into it if you do your due diligence. Plenty of people have been taken to hospital and their insurance is paying. A few have hit problems including another case I just gave a heads-up about https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1203549-insurance-william-russell-uk-based-company/

Bottom, get it in writing from your insurance they will cover you if asymptomatic and dragged off to hospital.

It's not scaremongering, it's the deal with my insurance, and I knew it beforehand.  I'm in QT now and I know I'm not covered for covid until I'm out of it.  If you had coverage for some time already it's probably a different deal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Schlepenstein said:

It's not scaremongering, it's the deal with my insurance, and I knew it beforehand.

It is scaremongering by not qualifying your initial statement. Raising the issue isn't.  Did you look into mitigating the risk by taking out your policy to start 2 weeks prior to leaving for example?

Anyone in that situation has either not done due diligence and ensured they have coverage or been lied to even having done their due diligence (as per the case I referenced above, but again IMO, he should have pushed it and gotten it in writing specifically that it would cover being dragged off to hospital even if asymptomatic) or are happy with the risk. 

There are insurance policies available that cover it, AXA for example. If anyone doesn't have coverage that falls on them (and scummy dishonest insurance companies).

Edited by Salerno

6 minutes ago, Salerno said:

It is scaremongering by not qualifying your initial statement. Anyone in that situation has either not done due diligence and ensured they have coverage or been lied to even having done their due diligence (as per the case I referenced above, but again IMO, he should have pushed it and gotten it in writing specifically that it would cover being dragged off to hospital even if asymptomatic) or are happy with the risk. 

There are insurance policies available that cover it, AXA for example. If anyone doesn't have coverage that falls on them (and scummy insurance companies).

Well okay then.  If people can find that kind of coverage then go for it.  I don't mind the risk myself, not too worried about it coming from where I've been.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Schlepenstein said:

Well okay then.  If people can find that kind of coverage then go for it.  I don't mind the risk myself, not too worried about it coming from where I've been.

And that's cool IMO, I'm not high on the risk averse scale either 555  Also why I originally said "a bit unnecessary", it is a valid issue you raised I just wanted to clarify it's not a 100% deal though. 

Anyway, at least you're already on your way through quarantine and will soon be able to enjoy life in Thailand again ????

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 4:44 AM, Salerno said:

Considering no covid cases within the last 7 days and the risk of a false positive leading to enforced hospitalization, I think I'd rather pay for a certificate with an OK result when returning to the UK.

• Haha 1