CCTV Camera with SD Card (no Internet) to run 24/7 Can Supply Power (Not 240V) No Internet Available

pattayapip

I am looking for CCTV Cameras to record 24/7 video of drilling operations underground
Ideally with SD Card or similar Storage that would continuously record, able to remove and review when needed, power supply is available (Not 240V)
Pretty Hot Humid Damp Environment with Good Artificial Lighting, can be powered but not 240V.

There is No Internet Available at point of Installation/Use 100%

Needs to be pretty robust

Not sure this is the right Forum but hope so, any ideas please ?

How professional are you looking for?

I think you will have a hard job, battery powered cctv cameras tend to be motion detector cameras they don’t stay on all the time.

It’s a bit cowboy, but have you thought of rigging a gopro to a battery pack? 
It will be rugged enough for the job. The only thing you need to check is the card capacity, they usually only work with cards to a maximum size. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, recom273 said:

I think you will have a hard job, battery powered cctv cameras tend to be motion detector cameras they don’t stay on all the time.

It will be rugged enough for the job. The only thing you need to check is the card capacity, they usually only work with cards to a maximum size. 

Not need really professional as such, but a difficult environment, 24 hour recording in an "Underground" Environment (an underground mine, Drilling Activity) to be used in case of any incident and maybe even to look at activities accuracy relating to procedures . .  Did consider (still am) a Gopro but read many problems with 24hr recording for heat etc, the environment is very warm and humid also, can get power to device but only 6/12/24V etc not 240V, the more i think of this the more difficult it seems to be, as Camera/s would be mounted high, so restricted access to remove SD card/Maintain etc, So now considering Cameras powered by POE from a NVR or similar, but doing that would need to look at NVR being maybe mounted in a waterproof enclosure and also with something other than a 240V Supply to Power that . . The more i look at this the harder it gets :) 

9 hours ago, recom273 said:

Not looked yet, but if Gopro has ability to be plugged in, again this may be possible, but then the problem of power supply routes from Drill Power pack etc
Ease of use and set up is critical here also

4 hours ago, pattayapip said:

Not looked yet, but if Gopro has ability to be plugged in, again this may be possible, but then the problem of power supply routes from Drill Power pack etc
Ease of use and set up is critical here also

Yup, I was thinking about POE but I have never seen anything (because I have never looked) that would be resilient enough to the task. 

With regard to the GoPro, yes, you can run them off an external source via a usb cable. I was more thinking about a usb powerbank affair. But you are correct, they suffer from overheating and fogging. 

If you could find a camera, you could setup “motioneye” which is a NVR, on a raspberry pi and save to an ssd, that will do you for days at a time. The pi requires 5V power supply, But you will need to power the camera. All that could drop in a pelican case.

It’s hard to imagine the job, but motioneye is rock solid. You could set your computer running on the surface and mount somewhere on your rig, run the cable to a fixed camera and forget it until the battery dies.

image.jpg

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pattayapip said:

Not need really professional as such, but a difficult environment, 24 hour recording in an "Underground" Environment (an underground mine, Drilling Activity) to be used in case of any incident and maybe even to look at activities accuracy relating to procedures . .  Did consider (still am) a Gopro but read many problems with 24hr recording for heat etc, the environment is very warm and humid also, can get power to device but only 6/12/24V etc not 240V, the more i think of this the more difficult it seems to be, as Camera/s would be mounted high, so restricted access to remove SD card/Maintain etc, So now considering Cameras powered by POE from a NVR or similar, but doing that would need to look at NVR being maybe mounted in a waterproof enclosure and also with something other than a 240V Supply to Power that . . The more i look at this the harder it gets ????

IP CAM are powered with 5V, you could use a Wifi CAM, or install a WIFI relay, or worse, drag down an ETH CAT5 cable in that mine and connect the IP CAM to ETHERNET, recording will be done on the cloud directly or on a local computer upstair, and you could watch it live. Probably the best solution at this stage, ethernet cable. Don't think PoE would work on 100m ETH cable if you need that much.

• Like 1

Thankyou very much for your replies, will spend some time and look if this is doable as a relatively easy installation
Right now starting to think for what i want to do it is a little too much, but really appreciate the answers/suggestions Thankyou