Thai Navy chief orders probe into alleged suspicious role of personnel in drug trafficking

webfact

Your right above corruption But it used to be what I called honest corruption. Paid your 200 Baht and off you went everyone happy. First time I paid rode off smiling as the Officer said pay fine at Soi 9 but taxi bike 40Baht can take. then I wait  but Officer said ,OK you can go. I knew it was Left, Left and left again Money split 60-40. Sadly now they want to fine 1000Baht for same thing,

5 hours ago, natway09 said:

I am surprised anyone is surprised,

The Armed Forces and Police have been trying to outdo each other on supply for decades.

Just have a look at all the retired multi millionares

Indeed, there's even a convicted drug smuggler in this government.

4 hours ago, Black Angus said:

Your right above corruption But it used to be what I called honest corruption. Paid your 200 Baht and off you went everyone happy. First time I paid rode off smiling as the Officer said pay fine at Soi 9 but taxi bike 40Baht can take. then I wait  but Officer said ,OK you can go. I knew it was Left, Left and left again Money split 60-40. Sadly now they want to fine 1000Baht for same thing,

English isn't your first language, is it? 

Good for you and keep trying at it!  I'm sure somebody will be able to understand what you are trying to say someday!

“This case is a fireable offence and there will be no protection for the culprits by the Navy,” he said.

wow.... harsh words indeed.....no protection for drug smugglers.... gosh... they will be fired if caught....  loss of face is a terrible thing

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 10:27 AM, webfact said:

Chettha added that the Navy would investigate this matter straightforwardly and would enforce disciplinary and legal actions against the offenders if they were found guilty.

Right. Gotcha. Of course it will, the history of the armed forces in Thailand instils huge confidence that it will do exactly that.

Not.