Massage ladies apply pressure on Chonburi governor to reopen

webfact

Massage ladies apply pressure on Chonburi governor to reopen

3pm.jpg
Picture: Pattaya Update News

Around 100 traditional Thai massage ladies from places like Pattaya and Bang Saen gathered at the Chonburi town hall.

They want provincial governor Phakkhathorn Thienchai to allow them to reopen now that the second wave of the pandemic appears to be abating. 

They say they have no money, no work and can't support their families. 

Three were shown with placards yesterday outlining their needs on a Pattaya Update News story.

The one on the left did not make a fuss about being told to close but needs money for rent and other expenditures. 

The lady in the middle just wants to reopen and implores for help referring to herself as "noo". 

A third says simply she has no money for rent.

Many hope that relief for such businesses is on the way perhaps as early as next week though much will depend on the designation of which color zone Chonburi will be placed in. 

1 hour ago, champers said:

Massage shops; except the soapy places; have been allowed to open in Bangkok, so the ladies have a valid arguement.

Yes, I agree does not make sense.  Close interaction in coffee shops or restaurant's is going on so why not.

Mask up, hand gel, at least foot massage should be ok.

With this, seems other places are open today.  Some ladies sitting out front, most stay inside the shop and either wave thru the glass or keep the door open and yell "hey Mr".

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Around 100 traditional Thai massage ladies from places like Pattaya and Bang Saen gathered at the Chonburi town hall.

i can't help feeling  sorry for you, but nowadays there are thai massages all over the world. see, you shouldn't have taught your secrets! farangs need no more  to travel to thailand as  they can get their massage at home!

Whether some normalcy returns at the end of the month  ay depend on the zone that Chonburi is put into - at the time of writing there has been no cases of covid detected in Chonburi province for 5 days consecutively.

These are the criteria

Red Zone - Maximum control zone, considerable number of cases

Orange Zone - Control zone, more than 10 cases and rising

Yellow Zone - High Surveillance zone, no more than 10 cases and control possible

Green Zone -  Surveillance, with no cases or likelihood of infection

As far as I know the Green zone is now discontinued and all provinces are in one of the red, orange and yellow groups.

By the figures Chonburi should go into the yellow zone but the Governor may only request a downgrade to orange zone which would still impact the massage and entertainment sectors.

The problem is if people are allowed to travel from Bangkok and other provinces and the numbers go up again.

• Red: Large gatherings are banned and health regulations are imposed at commercial establishments, industrial areas, and workers' dormitories. Authorities prohibit migrant workers from leaving the areas and have set up checkpoints at entry and exit points.

• Orange: Public activities are prohibited. Authorities are allowing small-scale private activities, including those among family, friends, and acquaintances. Officials are limiting operating hours for commercial and industrial facilities. Transporting migrant workers out of the state is banned. Celebrations are heavily restricted, large celebrations are banned, and attendance at parties is limited. 

• Yellow: Authorities are enacting enhanced surveillance measures. Scaled-down activities are allowed and officials are imposing measures to reduce crowding. 

• Green: Authorities are permitting small-scale activities and are implementing measures to reduce crowding. 

7 hours ago, crobe said:

Whether some normalcy returns at the end of the month  ay depend on the zone that Chonburi is put into - at the time of writing there has been no cases of covid detected in Chonburi province for 5 days consecutively.

These are the criteria

Red Zone - Maximum control zone, considerable number of cases

Orange Zone - Control zone, more than 10 cases and rising

Yellow Zone - High Surveillance zone, no more than 10 cases and control possible

Green Zone -  Surveillance, with no cases or likelihood of infection

As far as I know the Green zone is now discontinued and all provinces are in one of the red, orange and yellow groups.

By the figures Chonburi should go into the yellow zone but the Governor may only request a downgrade to orange zone which would still impact the massage and entertainment sectors.

The problem is if people are allowed to travel from Bangkok and other provinces and the numbers go up again.

• Red: Large gatherings are banned and health regulations are imposed at commercial establishments, industrial areas, and workers' dormitories. Authorities prohibit migrant workers from leaving the areas and have set up checkpoints at entry and exit points.

• Orange: Public activities are prohibited. Authorities are allowing small-scale private activities, including those among family, friends, and acquaintances. Officials are limiting operating hours for commercial and industrial facilities. Transporting migrant workers out of the state is banned. Celebrations are heavily restricted, large celebrations are banned, and attendance at parties is limited. 

• Yellow: Authorities are enacting enhanced surveillance measures. Scaled-down activities are allowed and officials are imposing measures to reduce crowding. 

• Green: Authorities are permitting small-scale activities and are implementing measures to reduce crowding. 

They have new cases in Bangkok every day but they have been allowed to open.

1 hour ago, champers said:

They have new cases in Bangkok every day but they have been allowed to open.

Yes I thought that, just watched some guy announce in English how zero new cases for x sequential days were required to allow provinces to move from say red to yellow zones, and I don't believe Bangkok has achieved this and is already under relaxed conditions.

On 1/27/2021 at 4:31 AM, crobe said:

Green is still very much in effect and includes most of northern Thailand and Issan (right graphic).

Screenshot_20210127-151234_Facebook.jpg.a36f3100d8b4b158c977f42f365f6448.jpg

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

On 1/27/2021 at 7:40 AM, Pique Dard said:

i can't help feeling  sorry for you, but nowadays there are thai massages all over the world. see, you shouldn't have taught your secrets! farangs need no more  to travel to thailand as  they can get their massage at home!

I am in Australia, about an hour north of Sydney and my local Thai Massage place and one of many is asking $75 for 30 minutes. Are now aloud to open. so cant wait to get back op there for one. Keep the high cases out and other's in at lest by the second half of the year, I love the country, and fell sorry for the thai people they do need us and would much rather spend my money there than here.