Can I apply for COE at Los Angeles embasy? or must I use DC?

6 minutes ago, greenhornfarang said:

Oh boy, you should try getting a refund for your ticket ASAP unless you are prepared for the equivalent amount of paperwork as it would require to obtain a top secret clearance.

What paperwork precisely? 

Flight Mid Feb...  You have time (don’t let the greenhorn poster panic you).

IF you have a Visa already (or wish to enter Thailand on a Visa Exempt) then you have plenty of time.

Otherwise obtaining a visa may be the slowest part. 

Dealing specifically with the CoE (Link posted above in the other posts already) 

Agoda have ‘refundable ASQ bookings - make sure you book 15 nights (not 14) 

Ensure you have your Insurance certificate (min US$100,000 covid cover, it needs to state including covid cover)

You have your flight already

Be prepared to get a Covid-19 RT PCR test (within 72 hrs of flight) 

Obtain a separate fit to fly letter from a Doctor near you or online (https://samedaydoctor.org/service/covid-19-coronovirus-antibody-testing/

ok thanks i will give update later as i proceed...will apply for coe immediately as it looks like i dont need asq for 1st step of coe....i have a visa and re-entry permit...my travel companion will be doing visa on arrival...i assume after first step of coe approval i can book asq and insurance and then i do 2nd step of coe?

the covid test and fit to fly are not a problem in los angeles i can get covid test 2 days before at the airport...fit to fly can get online...im most concerned about doing the coe in a timely fashion

4 minutes ago, pleasehelpthaivisa said:

do i need to buy insurance before starting the coe process?

Yes, for some strange reason it's part of the initial step. Also be aware of a "gotcha", when you drag and drop the required files, you also need to click the upload button/icon.

17 minutes ago, pleasehelpthaivisa said:

Thank you. im trying to avoid more back n forth gotchas that eat up days 

Your visas are sorted (assuming visa exempt for your mate, not VOA) and that is the main time consumer, I reckon you'll get through no issue.

Re ASQ, head to https://www.facebook.com/groups/298606387906884 and ask for recommendations (post a wish list basically, budget, dates, balcony, microwave, deposit, change policies etc.) and you'll have a lot of firsthand feedback. Also worth searching for any hotels you're thinking of to read up an experiences, helpful bunch in there and hotels monitor the group and will reply too.

Another place to look re ASQ hotels is https://thaiest.com/asq if you haven't already.

For a cheap fit to fly (400 Bht) you can use Dr Donna, online consultation, will take about 20 minutes but she'll want to see your negative RT-PCR results. She also hangs out in the facebook group mentioned above,.

4 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Another place to look re ASQ hotels is https://thaiest.com/asq if you haven't already.

i have a hotel in mind but i am traveling with my 80 yr old mother and would like to book two beds and stay in the same room with her as she does not want to be alone for 2 weeks. i havent heard back from them yet. has anyone had any problem with a request such as this?

Can remember at least one report in the FB group of mother and child (adults, plenty about kids obviously) and I think they said they needed to show the hotel a birth certificate.

That said, they seem to be relaxing slightly (some hotels at least) for non-married couples, just have to sign a disclaimer saying they accept the risk, so can't see it being an issue (as in, you should be able to get a room someplace even if the place you had in mind says no).

@pleasehelpthaivisa

Fraser Suites Sukhumvit was the first report re parent and child (2 bedroom suite so a little pricey)  but also a few hotels replied to a similar question (couples without a marriage certificate) in this thread: https://www.facebook.com/groups/298606387906884/permalink/404967963937392 so looks like more going with getting people to sign a disclaimer).

54 minutes ago, Salerno said:

@pleasehelpthaivisa

Fraser Suites Sukhumvit was the first report re parent and child (2 bedroom suite so a little pricey)  but also a few hotels replied to a similar question (couples without a marriage certificate) in this thread: https://www.facebook.com/groups/298606387906884/permalink/404967963937392 so looks like more going with getting people to sign a disclaimer).

thanks....my hotel said a birth certificate will suffice to allow sharing a room with a parent

I am just about to start the process my for entry into Thailand on a tourist visa.  I just want to be clear, I should apply for the visa first, before I apply for the COE, correct.  I plan on arriving early to mid March.  Do I need to show booking for ASQ hotel and Insurance for visa or just flight to Bangkok?  Thanks everyone, this Community is the BEST!

9 hours ago, pleasehelpthaivisa said:

I bought my plane ticket already. Did I make a mistake? should I have gotten the COE approval first? can i apply for COE locally in Los Angeles? I couldn't find the link for COE on Los Angeles Thai embassy website. Any help appreciated...my flight is for mid feb...does the coe take long to obtain?

Please make sure that your flight into Thailand is on the approved semi commercial list here:  https://thaiest.com/blog/semi-commercial-flights-to-thailand-in-2021

I will be flying out of LAX on the 10th of February and will be getting the Covid test/Fit to Fly at LAX which is a 3-5 hour response time.

I submitted my request for COE and the approval came within 24 hours.  I am submitting the final documents this morning and would expect the final COE in three working days.  

Good hunting.  

George36, I am flying out of LAX on Feb 12.  I got the Visa approved in 7 days(Non Imm OA) and I uploaded the flight reservation and ASQ hotel documents yesterday.  Just a word of caution about the LAX rapid PCR test, they have been quick so far(one person got to LAX at 1200 and got the result vis email by 500PM).  For the actual Fit 2 Fly you could get a telemedicine consult and get the certificate by email.  If that does not work there is a clinic called WellnessMart in Torrance that can do a Fit 2 Fly in 20 minutes without an appointment.  So far the LA consulate(as long as you upload the documents they ask for) has been prompt and responsive.  

im ready to buy insurance now. i have extensive notes and bookmarks but i want to make sure i have the latest info.

my retirement visa expires mid may.

i enter thailand mid february.

do i only need 100k covid insurance?

what exactly is the minimum insurance i need?

about how much should it cost me for 90 days insurance? (mid feb to mid may)

i have this website bookmarked:

https://covid19.tgia.org/

is this the best option? all help appreciated

3 hours ago, jimmi said:

I am just about to start the process my for entry into Thailand on a tourist visa.  I just want to be clear, I should apply for the visa first, before I apply for the COE, correct.  I plan on arriving early to mid March.  Do I need to show booking for ASQ hotel and Insurance for visa or just flight to Bangkok?  Thanks everyone, this Community is the BEST!

from what i understand u apply for the visa and coe at the same time...once the first step is approved u have a window to book the flight and asq hotel and insurance...the link to the coe application was provided by ubon joe earlier in this thread

39 minutes ago, pleasehelpthaivisa said:

i have this website bookmarked:

https://covid19.tgia.org/

is this the best option? all help appreciated

ok ive checked out this website and it looks reasonable. about 12,000 thb for 90 days insurance...problem for me is my retirement visa expires about 105 days after arriving in bangkok in february. the next tier on the insurance website is 180 days coverage and the cost is double! is there any way to get 120 days coverage? are there are companies in a similar price range? or is 90 days insurance ok?

edit: can i book 90 days insurance from my arrival date and then book another 30 days insurance from the end date of the first policy to cover the last 30 days? im trying to save myself from buying 180 day policy which would be a waste of about 8000 baht

9 hours ago, pleasehelpthaivisa said:

edit: can i book 90 days insurance from my arrival date and then book another 30 days insurance from the end date of the first policy to cover the last 30 days? im trying to save myself from buying 180 day policy which would be a waste of about 8000 baht

i can get a 90 day policy for 8000 baht thru Luma but my retirement visa expires 105 days after i arrive....the next tier is 180 day policy for 20000 baht....a full 12000 baht more...the insurance guy says 90 days should suffice...but in my experience with Thai paperwork they do not allow cutting any corners....any suggestions??

10 hours ago, pleasehelpthaivisa said:

ok ive checked out this website and it looks reasonable. about 12,000 thb for 90 days insurance...problem for me is my retirement visa expires about 105 days after arriving in bangkok in february. the next tier on the insurance website is 180 days coverage and the cost is double! is there any way to get 120 days coverage? are there are companies in a similar price range? or is 90 days insurance ok?

If you are under 70 years of age, you could consider making use of SafetyWing travel-insurance which on top of the very decent coverage it provides you also meets the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment coverage (they actually provide 250.000 US $ coverage).  And it will even be CHEAPER than subscribing to the covid-19 only TGIA-insurance.

On 1/26/2021 at 9:26 AM, pleasehelpthaivisa said:

are there any other covid insurance sellers that will sell 60 days insurance to a healthy 84 yr old woman?

i have found a hotel and booked insurance for myself through a referral. i found a good price that gave me the exact dates i needed.

for my 84 yr old mother i have tried to buy 60 days covid insurance through the above thai govt website and nothing works. all the credit cards i try get declined. i have double checked the info and tried everything...

any advice or alternate insurers i could try?

Archived