visa extension: actual start date?

Hi folks

I will apply for another yearly extension to my 'marriage visa' soon.

It expires on March 2. The imm office in Korat said I can apply for a new extension from 30 days before.

If I apply, say, on Feb 4, will my new extension (assuming the extension is granted after the initial consideration period) start from Feb 4 and expire Feb 4 2022? 

So, will it start from date of application?

Or will it run on from March 2?

(I SHOULD already know this, I know, but it's my second application and the first one was kind of complicated by other factors! ????)

Any clarity offered on that would be appreciated.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It will start on March 2nd.

Thanks ubonjoe, for that quick response.

It's good to know that if I appy early, before expiry date, I won't 'lose' any of the original extension period.

Thank you.

(PS Thanks for your reply to my query yesterday. Not sure if my reply back to you reached you as I think the way I've actually been replying to people on this site was all wrong. Writing in the wrong boxes! Think I've finally got it!)

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It will start on March 2nd.

Hi ubonjoe,

Can you please help me out.

I need to extend my Elite visa for the first time, wondering if you can point out to me what are the necessary steps I need to take and what kind of documents I need to prepare.

Anyone who has done the extension feel free to put in the information too.

Thank you in advance.

Warmest

32 minutes ago, KaputtAlreadyNa said:

I need to extend my Elite visa for the first time, wondering if you can point out to me what are the necessary steps I need to take and what kind of documents I need to prepare.

You can find some info in this ongoing topic. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1203163-extended-my-thailand-elite-visa-today-some-surprises/

Not to contradict Joe or the regulation  I warn you having dealt with many offices over the years they seem to interpret the rules as they wish.C Rai K Phet C Wattana etc

My year was granted not from end of my extension but from date of applicationn and despite the website and helpline claiming only 2 months cash seasoning nm office demands 3, as they have a monopoly I have no choice but to comply/ I have discussed with felow expats who agree complaining will not make life easier in the long term for us here .I did point out the extension date but stamp already done and of course changing it loss of face.

I recall a desperate officer in C MAi running out of teh Airport to correct his error once and so it goes.

From experience ask the actual office you deal with what they require.Fortunately I can walk to their Office they are my neighbours and there is a friendly 50 satang copy shop adjacent for their 144 annual copies ( each page of passport plus many other items in duplicate).

Dull yet  necessary but all over in a few hours a year if well prepared.

Newcomers may be unaware sending you home 100km+ for just one more item /copy/witness etc can be eased, with favours, my Mrs donates a pineapple annualy  , I prefer to stick to 1900 plus receipt and about 72 baht copies 25 fotos so 2000 a year or barely 3 baht a day to live in in Wonderland.

I quite foresee compulsary expensive vaccine prroof down thr road too.

49 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Not to contradict Joe or the regulation  I warn you having dealt with many offices over the years they seem to interpret the rules as they wish.C Rai K Phet C Wattana etc

My year was granted not from end of my extension but from date of applicationn and despite the website and helpline claiming only 2 months cash seasoning nm office demands 3, as they have a monopoly I have no choice but to comply/ I have discussed with felow expats who agree complaining will not make life easier in the long term for us here .I did point out the extension date but stamp already done and of course changing it loss of face.

I recall a desperate officer in C MAi running out of teh Airport to correct his error once and so it goes.

From experience ask the actual office you deal with what they require.Fortunately I can walk to their Office they are my neighbours and there is a friendly 50 satang copy shop adjacent for their 144 annual copies ( each page of passport plus many other items in duplicate).

Dull yet  necessary but all over in a few hours a year if well prepared.

Newcomers may be unaware sending you home 100km+ for just one more item /copy/witness etc can be eased, with favours, my Mrs donates a pineapple annualy  , I prefer to stick to 1900 plus receipt and about 72 baht copies 25 fotos so 2000 a year or barely 3 baht a day to live in in Wonderland.

I quite foresee compulsary expensive vaccine prroof down thr road too.

That's very interesting and informative, RubbaJohnny.  Thanks for taking the trouble to point all that stuff out. ????

I will now be hopeful that they won't start from application date, but will also be prepared to accept it if they do!

(Like you say, arguing with them is not an option! Even with pineapples!☺)

Unlike you, I am a nearly 2 hour drive from imm office so I get a bit anxious and try to be as ready as I can. 

By the way.....you mentioned a 'witness'. Not sure what you mean. You mean in the house photos? Or the visit?

If you have time to let me know about that, I would appreciate it. 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Toolong said:

That's very interesting and informative, RubbaJohnny.  Thanks for taking the trouble to point all that stuff out. ????

I will now be hopeful that they won't start from application date, but will also be prepared to accept it if they do!

(Like you say, arguing with them is not an option! Even with pineapples!☺)

Unlike you, I am a nearly 2 hour drive from imm office so I get a bit anxious and try to be as ready as I can. 

By the way.....you mentioned a 'witness'. Not sure what you mean. You mean in the house photos? Or the visit?

If you have time to let me know about that, I would appreciate it. 

Thanks.

For married visa the local Office sends officer to our house (hence teh map and photo of gouse number, I think they have more photos of my exterior unit than I do !)

2 witnesses confirm that it really was me applying and sitting next to folks who were at the wedding inc one of the Immi officers. If you think "too mut about the ogic you get a headache"

Of course the BMW , scanner printer all need some justification so having neighbours intervoew each other as te pineapple flows is all part of teh soap Opera.

I think the ley is allow locals chat and smile as one might at a puppet theatre and don't get strung up.

The fols anre friendly , in fear of superiors so everything is cheacked again and again, with any clash of gears yielding opportunities for "lubrication' which is why some prefer to pay an agent for the leg work.

With the benefit of this site, sobeity and the abiity to read English and Thai expectations I fnd it no harder than obtaining other visas , Driving Licences opening a bank account etc.

Of course you can minimize stress if no struggle to season the 400k or income and apply early as there is always some other paper wanted on teh day in the wonderful whilr of sanuks and adders.

Your office may not need witnesses or home visits some years they do some they dont, tiz a whim.

8 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

For married visa the local Office sends officer to our house (hence teh map and photo of gouse number, I think they have more photos of my exterior unit than I do !)

2 witnesses confirm that it really was me applying and sitting next to folks who were at the wedding inc one of the Immi officers. If you think "too mut about the ogic you get a headache"

Of course the BMW , scanner printer all need some justification so having neighbours intervoew each other as te pineapple flows is all part of teh soap Opera.

I think the ley is allow locals chat and smile as one might at a puppet theatre and don't get strung up.

The fols anre friendly , in fear of superiors so everything is cheacked again and again, with any clash of gears yielding opportunities for "lubrication' which is why some prefer to pay an agent for the leg work.

With the benefit of this site, sobeity and the abiity to read English and Thai expectations I fnd it no harder than obtaining other visas , Driving Licences opening a bank account etc.

Of course you can minimize stress if no struggle to season the 400k or income and apply early as there is always some other paper wanted on teh day in the wonderful whilr of sanuks and adders.

Your office may not need witnesses or home visits some years they do some they dont, tiz a whim.

Thanks for that RubbaJohnny. You have an interesting way of expressing your insights into the idiosynchrosies (did  I spell that right? Doubt it) of life in the kingdom and the joys of visa applications!!

My first 'home visit' last year was close to how you describe it above.

Regarding 'lubrication' , as you put it.....you may be horrified by this, or just think it crazy and ridiculous, but my Thai wife actually put a brown note in an envelope and handed it discreetly to the guys when they left. That was definitely 'first-time' madness, I think. Very naive and over the top. Way too much. Not gonna do that again. A purple one at the most this time! (But then they did drive 100+ kms and then have to wait outside the house for an hour or so cos we were out shopping and couldn't hear the phone ring.)

Hoping we don't get a home visit thi time but as you say...tiz a whim.

Archived