Thailand sees biggest jump in Covid-19 cases as global numbers hit 100m

webfact

14 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Already here. This is what happens with active mass testing. Find those who have it and have been spreading it. Needs to happen in BKK. Cannot wait until and rely upon vaccines. Pro-active is the way and always has been. Thailand seems to have head in the sand approach. Samut Sakhon approach needs to be widened to other red zones in the first instance. 10 days with no local transmittions seems to be the global benchmark. Thailand is a long way from this. Only way it will happen soon is a coverup of true numbers.

So like TAT in reverse

3 hours ago, yogavnture said:

i still dontt understand why govts. cant understand we will not beat this virus.  more die from suidide than the virus

Maybe because your facts are wrong.

In the US almost 30 times more die from COVID than suicide. 3055 versus 120 per day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sdweller said:

It's tough to control this thing... everyone chill out, it's not the plague, don't you know by now?  All in all Thailand is doing a pretty good job compared to many nations.

Yep. 

Could be worse.

Could be the total mess that is the U.S. and Europe. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Tuberculosis kills 1.5 million people to 2 million people EVERY YEAR !!!!!!!

And yet......nobody cares.............

FACT.

In England, as per the official data on the Public Health England website......... only 448 people under the age of 60 with no underlying disease have died of Covid from Jan 2020 to Jan 14th 2021.

Statistics » COVID-19 Weekly Total Deaths Archive (england.nhs.uk)

58,712 deaths in total in 54 weeks data................... 58,264 were already sick or over 60.    AND JUST 448 people under 60 with no "known" underlying disease.  On those 448 no autopsies were done so there could have been an "unknow" underlying disease.

For a normal, fit and healthy person under the age of 60 (fit meaning not obese or an alcoholic or drug user) -  there is more chance of dying in a car accident than dying of  Covid.

THATS FACT !!!!!!!!!

Who told you nobody cares about T.B? A bit like saying nobody cares about HIV/Aids.

Regards the 54 week UK stats on covid deaths, thats positive news on those under 60 only 448 died so far in the UK that have no underlying conditions, just goes to show how important it is to prioritize the vaccines for vulnerable groups by age and those with asthma and other underlying conditions such as cancer etc.

Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Maybe because your facts are wrong.

In the US almost 30 times more die from COVID than suicide. 3055 versus 120 per day.

There are no solid statistics on who is dying FROM Covid. Pro tip, chances are extremely low if you are below 70 with no underlying conditions. I work in healthcare. I don`t know anyone who had complications from Covid, neither do I know someone who knows someone who had problems.

Good thing is that more and more people are waking up, also medical staff

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AmySeeker said:

Am i reading rite they did 10,000 tests and found nearly 900 cases? That's a high percentage. 

In the UK they did 600,000 tests in one day. And they are doing awful. 

Their goal was to do 10,000 test but only managed 5,574, that's 16% infection rate.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

100,000,000 cases world wide and thus far the originators and spreaders of the filthy virus have gone unpunished???

Yeah, and I am sure mentioning them here will get you a ban.

But I hear you, and one day the biggest crime against humanity will be punished. We just have to get through this DDR-period timeline first

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, yogavnture said:

i still dontt understand why govts. cant understand we will not beat this virus.  more die from suidide than the virus

I think they are not really worried about death rates. It is hospital beds which is to their main concern. Being unable to provide enough hospital beds is a really bad public image for any government. They are worried if they just let it run there will be people dying in hospital car parks.

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

thanks, that's what got me confused as I thought we were the foreigners and migrants being migrants

I think this foreigners and migrants thing is used by the unelected "PM" and his crew to suit the subject they are talking about, telling

a lot of lies as usual.

To put it in context, the way I see it is (and that's only me) anyone in Thailand who was born in any other country including Asian countries and not related to any Thai families are foreigners. So yes, we are the foreigners.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, choff56 said:

Through the cracks and straight into the pockets. Of a few.

I'm still waiting to find out the unelected "PM"s findings to be disclosed about the corruption involved with all these Burmese entering Thailand illegally and starting this present outbreak of covid. 

Come on unelected "PM", let us know about the findings unless it was another of your lies, and you did absolutely nothing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Looks like another big number today, with 792 positives in Samut Sakhon announced overnight.

EstBrlPUYAczkLd.jpg

That's a "huge" drop in numbers from yesterday, looks the outbreak is easing and should be over by the end of the month.Does it say how many tests they did for the 792 positives?

9 hours ago, sdweller said:

It's tough to control this thing... everyone chill out, it's not the plague, don't you know by now?  All in all Thailand is doing a pretty good job compared to many nations.

Sounds like Boris 10 months before we hit 100,000 deaths.......

9 hours ago, sdweller said:

Do you know that there were many illegals from Burma entering Thailand, no quarantine, just money lining certain pockets, and starting of the present cases of covid? The unelected "PM" has recognised this yet done nothing.

Do you still think that Thailand is doing a pretty good job compared to many nations?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

That's a "huge" drop in numbers from yesterday, looks the outbreak is easing and should be over by the end of the month.Does it say how many tests they did for the 792 positives?

848 792 is a "huge" drop?

OK.

Need to see the other numbers: quarantine, local transmission.

They've said they're testing ~ 10,000 per day. So 8% poisitive.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

848 792 is a "huge" drop?

OK.

Need to see the other numbers: quarantine, local transmission.

They've said they're testing ~ 10,000 per day. So 8% poisitive.

A tad of sarcasm was applied to the word "huge",I'm just having a dig at recent headlines.

They have said their goal is to test 10,000 per day,but when they had the big jump of 914 in Samut Sakhon they only managed 5,574 tests with 16% positivity rate,that's why I was asking about the number of tests for yesterday's number of 792. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Maybe this will help you figure it out.

11,500 dead worldwide from Ebola over a two year period.

2,151,883 dead worldwide from Covid -19 over a one year period and another year yet to go.

Just happened to see your response. You haven't forgotten that ebola appears in a very limited region of the world only, while covid is global?

On 26.01.2021 at 3:19 PM, kevin612 said:

If Thailand actively continues to test Covid, it’s gonna be a big jump daily. If Thailand does not want to spend any money, cases will be very low.

All false positives 

• Haha 1