50 mg tramadol (without added paracetamol)

BobBKK

23 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

People react differently to drugs, I came off taking valium every day for a couple of years and then prozac, another one said to be hard to come off, instantly no problem at all. My mate on the other hand took years to get off his valium addiction. Melatonin knocks me out to get to sleep but the mrs can take twice the dose it it has no affect on her. The last thing I would take for sleep is tramadol, that would keep me up.

Wow, how many milligrams of valium were you taking? 

Took me years to come off. 

On 1/27/2021 at 2:52 PM, Sheryl said:

Peera pharmacy just inside Thae Pae Gate on  Rachadamoen Road (the beginning of the Sunday Walking street market) on the left

I've found if Peera Pharmacy doesn't have it, not likely to find it anywhere else. Lady pharmacist speaks very good English.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:39 AM, TSF said:

Be extra careful using Tram, damn addictive stuff, once your hooked it's up there with heroin and other opiates withdrawals. I was hooked on the stuff for several years and it took 2 detox treatments in Aussie drug & alcohol centers to get me off it. 

So on the basis I've been on it since 2002 for Chronic Fibromlygia one assumes I'm in trouble lol

On 1/28/2021 at 4:38 AM, BobBKK said:

To be honest I use it on my non-drinking days (50mg) 3 days a week just to help me sleep but i think I might re-think that.

I some depressants affect similar receptors to alcohol, so they're kind of co-addictive. Making sure any drug you use for sleep affects different receptors gets round this (& might allow you to use less alcohol drinking days, because the receptors that cause the desired effect would be 'getting a rest').

just for sleeping ..?  you can use Nortussine  it is a  coughing syrup .... side effect make you sleeping , also counter indicated to driving or machinework because the side effect .., contains dextromethorphan.

Dextromethorphan - Drugs.com

Dextromethorphan Macrophar
MacroPhar, Thailand

Edited by david555

On 1/27/2021 at 3:39 PM, TSF said:

Be extra careful using Tram, damn addictive stuff, once your hooked it's up there with heroin and other opiates withdrawals. I was hooked on the stuff for several years and it took 2 detox treatments in Aussie drug & alcohol centers to get me off it. 

I was taking 2 x 200 mg(slow release) a day for almost 20 years due to a severe back injury, took me a long time to get off it totally, withdrawal was pretty heavy and in the end I needed a small bite of a  "cookie" to help me sleep of a night before I was off them completely, it is very addictive so not something you want to take regularly

Edited by seajae
  • Like 2

updated  , Thai name brand for Nortussine coughing syrup

ANTUSSIA SYRUP (แอนทุสเซีย ชนิดยาน้ำ)

click txt in pict. for go their website 

2021-01-30_234438.png

Edited by david555

10 hours ago, seajae said:

I was taking 2 x 200 mg(slow release) a day for almost 20 years due to a severe back injury, took me a long time to get off it totally, withdrawal was pretty heavy and in the end I needed a small bite of a  "cookie" to help me sleep of a night before I was off them completely, it is very addictive so not something you want to take regularly

400 mg a day, that's what I was on, 8 X 50 mg caps a day, I read that's the max advised for a day. Yep tough to get off, no way I could have done it without professional help...and I'm not the addictive type. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TSF said:

Stop taking it and see how you go.

Dont want to stop it thanks.....it highly controls the Chronic Fibromylgia I mentioned before. Am on it for life. It has absolutely no effect on me other than the job it effectively does

I've commented before that I have never had the slightest side effect from them. The GP has said before that I seem to have an enormous tolerance to legal prescriptipn drugs. Vividly remember having an operation in 2002 and I dont know the actual med thats injected just outside the operating room where you get asked to count to 10.....well I'm counting and counting and counting. Overwhelming memory of the nurses looking at me in total confusion

When I came around after the short operation in the recovery area with the two nurses one said she'd never seen anything like it

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 9:02 PM, Neeranam said:

I have also been hooked on this drug. It is very similar to opiates, with similar withdrawals. It is  irresponsible to self-administer this drug, unless you are a doctor. 

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/is-tramadol-a-risky-pain-medication-2019061416844#:~:text=In 2014%2C the FDA designated,therefore is more tightly regulated.

I had the displeasure of meeting plenty of british tramadol addicts in the philipines, years back. most of them boiler room lads. They were constantly trying to kick

22 hours ago, Chivas said:

Dont want to stop it thanks.....it highly controls the Chronic Fibromylgia I mentioned before. Am on it for life. It has absolutely no effect on me other than the job it effectively does

I've commented before that I have never had the slightest side effect from them. The GP has said before that I seem to have an enormous tolerance to legal prescriptipn drugs. Vividly remember having an operation in 2002 and I dont know the actual med thats injected just outside the operating room where you get asked to count to 10.....well I'm counting and counting and counting. Overwhelming memory of the nurses looking at me in total confusion

When I came around after the short operation in the recovery area with the two nurses one said she'd never seen anything like it

One of the issues I had when I was on Tram, and immediately following the time I got off it, was I had built up a very high tolerance to pain killers. I'd go to a dentist and would get the normal dose shot of painkiller and it had minimal effect. In Thailand I used to tell the dentist that I required a higher than normal shot and they would give it to me. But a couple times I went to Aussie dentists they are restricted by gov' & medical regulations and limited in how much they can give you, so I had some damn painful sessions. All is OK now, been off it for a long time and my tolerances are now back to normal levels.  

• Like 2