Which Contact Tracing App

sloperating

Early this month, there was breaking news that tracing apps were to become compulsory. At that time, the Thaivisa thread advised  that both the Mor Chana and the Thai Chana apps would be acceptable alternatives. Since that time, it seems, only Mor Chana has been mentioned.

Is downloading the Thai Chana app accepted by the authorities as meeting their legislated requirements, please?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

It is only required in the so called 'high risk areas', at least that's according to the info below.

I'm only using Thai Chana at the moment as I'm well away from these areas.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/ccsa-spokesman-apologises-for-jail-threat-over-non-use-of-mor-chana-app

Just went to Makro. I haven't got either of these things.. Just register with pen... and  jack.  ( or was it Jill? )

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On Crossy's recommendation, I installed Thai Chana. When the signs are prominent I remember to use it, but 60% of the time forget to 'sign out'. Yesterday, I stopped at KFC in Northwest Pathum Thani. They had a sign in sheet. Much easier for me. At my local Big C, no one slows down to 'find' the bar code, 'thingy'. 

Of course, when you leave a Government facility, (Even though it's an ASQ) they're going to tell you to use the Government App.

actually when you scan a code with Mo Chana, in the background he use Thai Chana if you have installed, else it will use the website from Thai Chana.

Mo Chana I also would be interested what the real advantage is, as it seems they not do anything as long you not travel outside some areas or inside some special areas, where it's mandatory to use the Mo Chana for cross the borders.....

But it seems to be difficult to become valid information on which app is for what?