Online Wine

superal

Has buying wine online been banned ?  I have Googled wine in Thailand and wine suppliers are advertising but many show they are out of stock for most wines .

I was particularly  interested in Pinot Noir at a reasonable price . Up here in Issan it just seems to be fruit wine with the fruit wine emblem almost hidden 

On-line sale of any type of alcohol has been banned since December.

Has anyone tried going into a shop, buying some wine or beer and then having it delivered to their home?  Just curious.

Edited by statman78

Isn't it just online alcohol sales that are banned and not actual home delivery?

I'm sure that if you call the wine shops/stores (most of which have an online presence) they will take a phone order and deliver to you. WINEKS advertise 1-3 days for delivery upcountry and their "shop now" button gives a LINE QR Code which may no longer be working - didn't try.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Isn't it just online alcohol sales that are banned and not actual home delivery?

I'm sure that if you call the wine shops/stores (most of which have an online presence) they will take a phone order and deliver to you. WINEKS advertise 1-3 days for delivery upcountry and their "shop now" button gives a LINE QR Code which may no longer be working - didn't try.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I’ll give it a try.

• Thanks 1

On January 2nd. I placed an order online for a few beers with Wishbeer. Delivered to my home, 400-odd km from Bangkok, two days later. 

Absolutely no difference in the ordering procedure, payment or delivery between now and the last time I ordered from them in 2015, except that the selection of products was much poorer. No voice or in-person contact at all, exclusively via their website. I sent an e-mail asking why they could do this if online booze sales are banned but got no response, which didn't really surprise me.

Edited by MartinL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1