Is it possible to extend Non-B visa for meetings?

Hi I need some advice from the experts.

I live in the US and work for an international company that has offices and contract manufacturing in TH.  For many years I have been coming to Thailand 3-5 times a year to implement product improvements and new products at our contract manufactures.   I have always traveled on a Non-Immigrate B visa for meetings (multi entry, work permit not required).   I typically spend around 2 weeks in Thailand then return to the US.

This year my company will be doing a major capacity expansion with our contract manufactures that will take 6-9 months to complete.  In the pre-COVID world I would have made 2-4 trips to Thailand for the training and knowledge transfer to our contract manufactures, but COVID makes travel much more difficult.  I am currently in Thailand to kick of this project.  I recently completing my ASQ stay and the thought of making multiple trips in and out of Thailand with the required ASQ stay each trip seems very unappealing. 

My non-immigrate visa expires in January and my 90 day entry stamp will expire the end of March.  Is it possible to get an extension?  I have only seen information about extending of stay with work permits.  I am not looking to move to Thailand just want to avoid going through multiple ASQ stays during this project.

The only extension available you can apply for is the one year extension of stay based upon working that require a work permit.

Only a 60 day covid 19 extension may be possible if it is still allowed after the 29th of this month.

Edit: I failed to mention these two extensions shown in the immigration order for extensions.

image.png.e1cf8adb948c7df157c9e0c24fd71483.png

I am not sure they would possible in your case. You could ask the company you are working with to aske immigration about doing one of the two.

Archived