CCSA eyes easing controls on four red-zone provinces

snoop1130

CCSA eyes easing controls on four red-zone provinces

By THE NATION

800_7d3e9eb255802a2.jpg

Satit Pitutacha

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) is planning to remove four eastern provinces, namely Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat, from the “red zone” list, the Public Health Ministry said.

Deputy Public Health Minister Satit Pitutacha said CCSA will look into this option on Thursday, and if it removes the red flag on these provinces, then Samut Sakhon will be the only red zone in the country.

Once the four provinces are given the orange flag, restaurants there will be allowed to serve until 10pm, he added.

Satit said CCSA will also study the option of allowing public consumption of alcohol and holding concerts and other gatherings.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401835

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-26

• Like 2

What happened to the following as publicized 07 Jan?

image.png.7ac8d0ee652a65c153f51b8622d3e4f6.png

There were 5 zones. Now there are 4? They haven't updated this as far as I know, but I can't find anything on the govt dept websites. Dark Red for Max & Strict Control; Red for Max Ctrl; etc.

And the CCSA briefing shown on Youtube on 26 Jan showed 14 white Provinces (no 2nd wave cases), a heap of green provinces (cases in the last 7 or more days), then some yellow (cases 5-6d), orange (3-4d) & red (1-2d). Obviously an attempt to pretend that they have the 2nd wave under control!

With 1,778 cases detected in the past 2 days with the increased testing in Samut Sakhon, I don't think they have.

Now the gov't wants to re-gig the zone colours again. Red, Orange, Light Orange, Yellow & Green. It looks like Covid Control by Confusing the Public. If they stick to one system, it would be better. But changing horses midstream does tend to indicate the govt does not have control.

There are 77 Provinces in Thailand with 5 Districts in Bangkok that were previously Dark Red (I think). So what is Bangkok zoned as? What are the travel requirements between a Red or Orange & a Light Orange, Yellow or Green Zone? 

I'm confused. Yes Covid Control by Confusion. It does work.