Thailand Elite members warned about overstaying

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, seancbk said:

If you are in your 30's and don't want to marry a Thai there are very few ways to stay long term in Thailand.

That is why several people I know paid 500K for a 5 year TE visa.

And then complain and moan about everything while they are here...

9 minutes ago, seancbk said:

If you are in your 30's and don't want to marry a Thai there are very few ways to stay long term in Thailand.

If you are working, own a business, are a student, are studying Buddhism, studying the Thai language, to name but a few.

Plenty of ways to stay legally without the Elite Visa.

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If you are working, own a business, are a student, are studying Buddhism, studying the Thai language, to name but a few.

Plenty of ways to stay legally without the Elite Visa.

Applied at university of life.

5 years degree to get a Msc in "applied techniques in bum bum"

17 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Naive stupidity to pay up to 2 million baht and expect to be treated respectfully by Thailand ... I mean cmon you're farang 

Not all foreigners have persecution complexes.

Edited by Nout
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed.....

Give retirees 10 year visas - why not ?

Give Spouses 10 year visas - why not ?

Give tourists 6 month Visas, even 1 year visas - why not?

The only reason is the government are fearful people may ‘work here illegally’... but they will anyway when the circumnavigate existing rules and obtain ‘other visa’... 

Anyone here long term spends money here long term. Thats surely an advantage to Thailand. 

Surely the same applies in any country you visit you have to spend money to eat, you need somewhere to live all of which benefit the country.

With my Australian passport  I can visit over 180 countries without the need for a visa, I doubt however that they will let me stay indefinitely.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I don't want to be negative, but I've been here off and on since around 2000.  Full time since 2009.  I've felt unwelcomed and despised many times.  Let's be honest.  The rich Thais don't want us here.  Just want our money.  The girls are happy, because we have money, but the many Thai guys don't like us.

I've got countless stories about this.  And not, I'm not a jerk and didn't instigate anything.

Whereabouts do you live?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Guys I know pay approx 20k a year Bent immigration officers, through agents. 

That's 100k for 5 years. 

Others I know get a job. 

Rich guys at that  age don't want to stay here all the time. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I don't want to be negative, but I've been here off and on since around 2000.  Full time since 2009.  I've felt unwelcomed and despised many times.  Let's be honest.  The rich Thais don't want us here.  Just want our money.  The girls are happy, because we have money, but the many Thai guys don't like us.

I've got countless stories about this.  And not, I'm not a jerk and didn't instigate anything.

Pattaya? 

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed.....

The only reason is the government are fearful people may ‘work here illegally’... but they will anyway when the circumnavigate existing rules and obtain ‘other visa’... 

Anyone here long term spends money here long term. Thats surely an advantage to Thailand. 

But these soldiers and the unelected "PM" do not have the brains or education to see that, they should all be making plans to entice tourists, expats, retirees etc to come to Thailand with these type of visas when the quarantine stops.

I do not agree that it is just the fear of people working illegally that makes the "government"s attitude to tourists etc hostile. All they would need to do is jail, heavily fine, then deport them,  with their employers heavily fined and jailed, but they can't have that, because it would stop the flow of brown envelopes, and a lot of these employers are probably well connected people.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WineOh said:

I wouldn't even dream of applying.

My YEARLY extensions cost 1,900 baht.

Tell me exactly what is worth 1 million baht for practically the same visa????

Is it the glass of warm champagne and the limo at the airport? ???? 

Gimme a cold beer and a grab taxi any day of the week bud! 

what visa is that if its' ok to ask?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

what visa is that if its' ok to ask?

yearly extension on all visas costs 1900 THB including elite visa, thus making his comment utterly useless. Like many of the other comments here.

Must be hard to understand for some that the TE visa is very cheap for many who earn their money offshore and save a multiple of the amount spent on the visa because they live here for various reasons (taxes, RE prices, food prices...)... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed.....

Of course it is, but this unelected "PM" and his crew are not interested in Thailand and it's people, or any advantages, they are only interested in themselves. They have no electorate to answer to, they can just do anything they like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Were you down shore street at the time of your arrest?????????????

Sorry mate, as a fellow Scot, and much as I like and mostly agree with your posts, I have to say that IMO any guy who walks about the streets, shops, and restaurants without a shirt on should be arrested, even just a simmet is OK, but not completely shirtless.

For non Scots, a simmet is a vest.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

And how do you stay long-time in Land-of-Smiles if you are under 50 years old, and not married to a Thai?

You easily could when I first came to stay here in 2005. A visa run to the border every 90 days and sorted. A nice

pleasant day out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You easily could when I first came to stay here in 2005. A visa run to the border every 90 days and sorted. A nice

pleasant day out.

Never needed border runs when I first got here, your passport went to the border or consulate while you remained in Thailand, sipping a cold one and with not a care in the World. 

All that went out the window under Thaksin's first administration. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Never needed border runs when I first got here, your passport went to the border or consulate while you remained in Thailand, sipping a cold one and with not a care in the World. 

All that went out the window under Thaksin's first administration. 

Yes I know, but I was on a work permit for a few years as an English teacher, after I stopped teaching I did border runs with my visa based on marriage.

• Like 2

OH. PLEASE ... .

EVERYBODY IS WARNED ABOUT OVERSTAY, as if thats some "magical wand," waved over us, to change our minds from being extorted financially by the system, to some type of monetary punishment for being tardy....another scam. 

If the government is not happy about the Indians going off the reservation: I suggest they go look for them. I can easily believe there are thousands if not tens of thousands of people living in Thailand illegally.  Not our problem. That's what Immigration Police are suppose to do, not us.

Don't make it, Tax paying residents' problems or penalize us.

Whenever I demand a superior officer at an office... or the upstairs 6th floor Hiarchy  (Chang Wattana) some subordinate officer, issues out a preprinted TM whatever, (that warns of overstay" and expects me to sign it, as if its mandatory not obligatory. 

"Its the law" they sternly say, as if its written in stone and will never be changed, modified, enforced or voided at any moment.

YEAH, IS THAT RIGHT? THEN SHOW ME A COPY OF THE LAW, instead of stating what you believe to be your personal interpretation of the law.

By the way officer. Whats your name, and who's your boss? Where are they located?

I'll have it translated within 24 hours....thank you very much for your help. [Thats only if they don't runaway and hide from you, and in the process, tag someone else to help themselves]

Please....

So all the B. S. people bought into with " Thai Elite Visas", its just that: B.S.

Sometimes you have to question Authority. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1