Ford Ranger Manufacturing Date

Banana7

13 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

the seller claims it is a 2019

my motorcycle is a 2015 but my registration says 2014 because it was built in December of 2014 but bought in January 2015. but is for sure a 2015 as there was a total design appearance overhaul. this might be the same in your case. unknown. 

4 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

my motorcycle is a 2015 but my registration says 2014 because it was built in December of 2014 but bought in January 2015. but is for sure a 2015 as there was a total design appearance overhaul. this might be the same in your case. unknown. 

It's difficult to know the exact model year for Ford here in Thailand because of minor-changes during the production year. Sometimes they call it a BIG minor change.

For example in December 2020, 2020 Toyota Hilux Revo trucks, the dealer said it comes in entry, mid, high models. But 2020 trucks for sale on the internet have models of E, E plus, G, J. Thankfully, Toyota actually has VIN plate with the manufacturing month/year.

11 hours ago, Banana7 said:

It's difficult to know the exact model year for Ford here in Thailand because of minor-changes during the production year. Sometimes they call it a BIG minor change.

For example in December 2020, 2020 Toyota Hilux Revo trucks, the dealer said it comes in entry, mid, high models. But 2020 trucks for sale on the internet have models of E, E plus, G, J. Thankfully, Toyota actually has VIN plate with the manufacturing month/year.

Before 2010, some locally and regionally assembled Ford's defied the 'logic' of their own VIN numbering system. This was compounded by some VIN'ed parts from their factory in Philippines being shipped to Thailand for final assembly.

With regard to Toyota, it's a good job that there are VIN numbers or else it would be impossible to keep up with Toyota's "new badge = new model" makeover marketing strategy where 'TRD', 'WT' , Sportivo' and 'D4' badges pop up arbitrarily on different places on different tailgates. Now we have the Fortuner Legender added to the melange.

My mate has a 2008 Pajero with a VIN that says he has the smaller engine option whereas the Land Transport office agreed with him and the dealership and the blue book says he has the bigger engine. We were looking for parts recently and that was made even more difficult by his specific model being called a Triton down in Australia where I was doing some parts shopping. The VIN he gave me didn't resolve on the computer at the Mitsubishi dealership's parts shop in Perth either; wrong engine size again.