U.S. Senate blocks constitutional challenge to Trump impeachment trial

webfact

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When a Democrat is in charge of the trial it has already lost any pretense at impartiality, in my opinion.

You've got a very biased opinion.  Thus, the big problems we're experiencing in the US.  There are good dems and bad ones.  Good repubs and bad ones.  Sad you lump all dems into one basket.  A very biased approach.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nah. IMO, once the few anti Trump politicians are removed, the GOP will be united and well on the way to taking back the congress in 2022 and the White House in 2024.

Who do you think will be the contender.

12 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Well put.  I forgot about Cruz and Rubio.  I'm sure both will be contenders.  And Hogan also?  He seems more moderate.  But considering the current GOP base, they'll probably favor another nutjob like Trump. LOL

Doubt if it will be Hogan.  But it could be.

Edited by ExpatOK
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

It is really America lost if he is not convicted and allowed back in 2024. The country will continue to be divided, vulnerable to violence and seen by the world as a pariah country if the impeachment played along partisan line. If you have seen the DHS's National Terrorism Bulletins of domestic violence; the agency warned of motivated extremists who still are feed with misinformation and unfounded claims. The impeachment is a chance for the GOPs to denounce Trump that he was wrong to continue to deny the legitimacy of the election. Trump just need to announce that he accept the election and he was wrong regarding the fradulent accusation and the threat will decline. We know he is not doing this and the impeachment is the only avenue to cut away from Trump's incendiary messaging and a chance for America to get back to normal.  

Perhaps this is to be the "new normal" for the USA.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

After Biden was sworn in some TVF posters expressed optimism that Trump was gone and forgotten, banned by social media and out of Washington.

However, Trump continues to be the main topic of conversation on TVF, and on CNN etc, BECAUSE the Democrats CHOOSE to prolong his exposure in the public eye. He doesn't need social media when every main news channel is reporting on him every day for hours. I hope he is going to be in the senate to defend himself, and every word he says will be broadcast around the world. I expect him to make much of the opportunity to rally his base and lambast the Democrats.

I suspect the Democrats will be doing everything they can to deny him the opportunity, however I think they will discover that they have started something they will come to regret in future days.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2