Ministry extends Thai ID card making, renewal deadline to April 30

webfact

Ministry extends ID card making, renewal deadline to April 30

By THE NATION

800_555df0ec6388fa6.jpg?v=1611708878

The Royal Gazette website on Tuesday published an Interior Ministry announcement stipulating that the deadline for making or renewing identification cards will be extended to April 30 in a bid to curb Covid-19 from spreading further.

The announcement, signed by Interior Minister Anupong Paochinda, added that the move aims to help people who cannot travel due to lockdown measures.

The deadline for making a new identification card or renewal of an expired card is therefore moved from within 60 days since the person becomes seven years old or since the card expires, to April 30, 2021.

Normally, those who make or renew their ID card after the 60-day limit are subject to a Bt100 fine.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401851

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-27

Question, does this include the Pink Non-Immigrant cards that some of us expats have, those with a work permit shown on the back, and migrant workers who change jobs and need the card updated, or is this just for Thai's.  Guess I need to dig a little deeper and look at the ministerial order if I can locate it.  My housekeeper just renewed her extension of stay, but her Pink Non-Thai ID card expires in 6 months, and they would not give her a new one as she was issued her extension not in the same location as her previous one, Additionally, her WP on the rear is only good for 1 more year. 

Edited by ThailandRyan

My granddaughter turns 7 in May but unless they get her an id card by April 31 they can be fined , why is there a deadline in the first place ? 

The Government must have the ability to make id cards as people apply rather than tell them they must do it by a certain day or possibly have to pay a fine .

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

the deadline for making or renewing identification cards will be extended to April 30 in a bid to curb Covid-19 from spreading further.

How can forcing people to renew by a certain date curb the spread when pushing them to do at once could increase the possibility of spreading the virus . This is Thai illogical thinking but then they can never be said to be a logic thinking people .

Edited by keith101