Restrictions in Pattaya set to be lifted

webfact

Restrictions in Pattaya set to be lifted

2pm.jpg
Picture: Manager Online

Chonburi governor Phakrathorn Thienchai and the Pattaya mayor Sontaya Khunpluem and their delegations made visits to several hotels offering meals to the public to keep their staff busy.

And the news from the bigwigs was good for the battered tourism industry in Pattaya that has seen zero visitors and 60% closures during most of January.

After there being no new Covid-19 infections in Chonburi for several days the easing of restrictions will soon be on the way.

The governor said that it was now safe in Chonburi and he expects to get the green light from the central Covid committee to start easing restrictions very soon.

This will mean an end to travel bans and a return to the possibility of at least domestic tourism beginning again next month.

Foreign tourism was not even mentioned in the Manager story.

2pm2.jpg
Picture: Manager Online
Also comments from mayor Sontaya indicate that with hotels allowed to close the way is now clear for hotels to have staff enter Thai social security benefits programs to receive around half their salary.

This was hailed as good news in the battered sector.

In visits to Sunshine Garden, the Dust Thani, A-One The Royal Cruise and a restaurant chain the governor was pleased to note that Covid protocols were being followed to the letter. 

He said that he had received representations from hotels about their problems. He came to see for himself saying that PM Prayuth Chan-ocha accepts the need for staff to receive handouts at this difficult time.

Source: Manager Online

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

So, all the hotels there are closed this month? No one can go there? The news isn't written clearly.

The governor said that it was now safe in Chonburi and he expects to get the green light from the central Covid committee to start easing restrictions very soon.

This will mean an end to travel bans and a return to the possibility of at least domestic tourism beginning again next month.

What are the restrictions? What travel bans?  At least domestic tourism? Does that mean no hotels are open to new visitors now?

Edited by TooBigToFit

Only that nearly a 1,000 infected people were found yesterday and now they want to open Pattaya for business and that after the PM said he's going to let off the hotel workers go on the doll, Hello !!  is there anyone there who knows what they doing? of better yet, what the others are doing?...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, crobe said:

According to the "red zone maximum restrictions" which the province of Chonburi (and therefore Pattaya) are under

- Bars are shut

- Restaurants have to close early and cannot serve alcohol

- There is no travel in or out of the province without a signed letter from the local government official saying that the travel is necessary

This means that officially the hotels can only have guests from inside the province at the moment, which is obviously very few.

As they have not officially been ordered to close then the staff cannot claim social security 

I think the plan at the moment is to make an order that hotels should have been shut for January - allowing the staff to claim 1 months social security payment, and then on 1st February to reduce the restriction to "orange zone" which will allow more businesses to open, such as hotels and massage, and lift the travel restrictions for domestic visitors coming in from other provinces which are not in a "red zone". They will probably extend the opening hours for restaurants

It is not sure yet if they will allow alcohol in restaurants with meals or bars to open.

Chonburi (and thus Pattaya) are as of today officially in the "orange" zone. (right graphic).

Screenshot_20210127-151234_Facebook.jpg.d52bfac782d94f4ebd446f15fb23d404.jpg

8 hours ago, crobe said:

It is not sure yet if they will allow alcohol in restaurants with meals or bars to open

I drove around today and saw people drinking all over the place.

Seemed like mostly large Leos.

Seems no one cares at this point.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

That's not what he ment , he means 1000 infections in bkk and they want to open pattaya to domestic tourisme so there is a chance the virus will come back in . 

Yet Bangkok is open for business is it not. Pattaya with zero cases should surely then be allowed to be open. But take a look more closely where these 1000 cases mostly were..... basically people who are going anywhere. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last thing Pattaya needs is an influx of Wufluland New Year revellers from Bangkok and Samut Sakhon. Has everyone forgotten that the Wufluland New Year migration started the worldwide pandemic. Keep Chonburi locked!¹

Edited by chilly07
  • Confused 1

On 1/27/2021 at 11:07 PM, Nanaplaza666 said:

That's not what he ment , he means 1000 infections in bkk and they want to open pattaya to domestic tourisme so there is a chance the virus will come back in . 

Not even close. There was 17 cases reported in Bkk on Tuesday, not 1,000. Maybe you are referring to the 959 cases reported that day nationwide, in which 918 were in Samut Sakhon ?

For the people who are still not aware Samut Sakhon is NOT Bkk, it is another province south west of Bkk.

Pattaya is hardly taking a risk by opening up, the chances of someone from Samut Sakhon taking a trip to Pattaya is about zero.

Edited by taxin

On 1/27/2021 at 10:30 PM, CanadaSam said:

bkk6060 are you saying they are drinking in bars/restaurants or on the road?

If it's bars, that's great news, because I've been in quarantine for a coon's age, getting out Friday, heading straight to Pattaya for a cool one (or 14)!

I don't know for tomorrow (friday)

but today (Thursday) the bars were still closed in Pattaya

the massages on the other hand were allowed to re open wednesday

so today the few ones that are still hanging on were open

as expected only an handful  of girls (Not the best choice) and very few customers

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

so today the few ones that are still hanging on were open

as expected only an handful  of girls (Not the best choice) and very few customers

I expect some are out of town and have to make their way back. Customer base should be somewhat similar to what it was prior to this lockdown... (not many)..... let us hope for further relaxations next month (a few days).... at least get some domestic tourism. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 6:00 AM, jacko45k said:

Yet Bangkok is open for business is it not. Pattaya with zero cases should surely then be allowed to be open. But take a look more closely where these 1000 cases mostly were..... basically people who are going anywhere. 

Maybe you should read better what i write ,then you would know i was just explaining what someone else wrote and that i wasn't making a point on the subject .so you quoting me is kind of pointless . 

9 hours ago, taxin said:

Not even close. There was 17 cases reported in Bkk on Tuesday, not 1,000. Maybe you are referring to the 959 cases reported that day nationwide, in which 918 were in Samut Sakhon ?

For the people who are still not aware Samut Sakhon is NOT Bkk, it is another province south west of Bkk.

Pattaya is hardly taking a risk by opening up, the chances of someone from Samut Sakhon taking a trip to Pattaya is about 

I meant the (almost) 1000 cases in Samut Sakhon . My bad for thinking Samut Sakhon was the same as Bangkok . 

3 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Maybe you should read better what i write ,then you would know i was just explaining what someone else wrote and that i wasn't making a point on the subject .so you quoting me is kind of pointless . 

Sorry, what was that? I nodded off.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sorry, what was that? I nodded off.

Maybe read the news today bars and pubs in bkk to remain closed . But you said Samut Sakhon is no bkk so they must mean bars and pubs in Samut Sakhon as you said there are no infections in bkk but 918 in Samut Sakhon . I geuss you nod off 24 hours a day . But this is confermation of what i meant but igeuss you don't understand that as well . 

On 1/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, bkk6060 said:

Just in time for Chinese New Year which is a big Thai travel holiday.

Letting the Bangkok infection come here it only takes one.

Make money in Feb., then suffer in March I bet back to high cases and lock downs.

chinese new year dont make me laugh as everbody forgot were this visa came from 2.5 million dead blood on there hands

11 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

But you said Samut Sakhon is no bkk

Will you link please to where I said that.... ? Because I know it, but do not recall typing it. I was saying the infections being reported were not in Pattaya nor Chonburi where zero cases were. You seem to have lost track of who posted what actually so are boring the wrong person. 

10 hours ago, tgw said:

when will travel restrictions to Rayong province be lifted?

Look to Monday for it to be 'official'....

I expect the Mrs will be loading up the truck from tomorrow....

Edited by jacko45k