100 tourists arrested at 360 viewpoint bar on Koh Phangan. Already on Samui awaiting trial.

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Lock em up for a long time...they know the laws and ignored them :thumbsup:

I reckon the 360 viewpoint bar owners will not go to jail for this. I have no idea why the 'tourists have been arrested, as the do not own the club, did not open it up for business. Strange times.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

I have no idea why the 'tourists have been arrested, as the do not own the club, did not open it up for business.

But they did/should have known the restrictions currently in place.

10 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

I reckon the 360 viewpoint bar owners will not go to jail for this. I have no idea why the 'tourists have been arrested, as the do not own the club, did not open it up for business. Strange times.

Both will be punished - the owners and the customers. If people ignore the rules they can't be so stupid that they complain afterwards. But I am not sure about this... 

• Like 1

The 3 customers recently arrested in Pattaya for sitting drinking beer were fined thousands of bahts. There is a new police force created. An anti covid task force. People who break the covid regulations can be fined or imprisoned.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Here is the source text translated with Google Translate:

Today (27 Jan 64) at 2:00 am, the reporter has reported that Within the direction of Pol.Maj.Gen. Sumet Mekkajorn , Pol. Maj. 6 , Pol. Lt. Supariksaphan Kosol Police Pol. Immigration Police Surat Thani Police Pol. Panyaniratimanont, Police Commissioner of Koh Phangan Police Station , Mr. Poolsak Sophon Patumrak Mr. Koh Phangan District With the Tourist Police Force and the Koh Phangan District Office With more than 50 officers To destroy the party. In the restaurant on the mountain viewpoint   When the staff arrived Found that the music was opened And meet both Thai and foreign tourists About 200 men and women were having fun. Siege personnel When tourists saw different officials, they were different. Running curtain The authorities were detained of 110 people. There were 89 foreigners, both women and men, and 23 Thai men and women seized the central goods, including vodka drinks. And many other kinds of drinks  The authorities therefore seized the object as evidence. And control the accused to separate investigation within the auditorium of Koh Phangan District Office From the middle of the night until the morning  Initially know that Party owner who is a 40 year old Thai man to host the event. The arrest officer reported an allegation of    " carrying out a rally. Or doing activities that include crowded people in a manner that Risk of transmission of disease in the area where there is a notification or order to be a controlled area High surveillance area Or the surveillance area according to the announcement of the head responsible for solving the emergency situation in the relevant part With the stability of the ban on assembly Engaging in merging activities that cause the spread of COVID- 19 virus disease (No. 2) in violation of provisions issued under Section 9 of the Civil Service Act. In the 4th emergency situation in 2005   " Immigration officials The arrest suit revealed that Due to receiving complaints Through the Immigration Department that the restaurant The said smuggled secretly organized a party without taking care of disease control measures. COVID-19 outbreak Therefore planned to integrate with the police, Koh Phangan Police Station and the administrative department Koh Phangan And tourist police Led forces to arrest Kang said Ready to report to the police commander before bringing in to arrest   Follow the news here website: www.TNNThailand.com facebook: TNNThailand facebook live: TNN Live twitter: @TNNThailand Line: @TNNONLINE Youtube Official: TNNThailand Instagram: @tnn_online TIKTOK: @tnnonline

News from someone who went to Koh Phangan police station today to help arrested friends to pay their bail:

"Everyone's going to need to pay fines (Bail is 10,000 and fine will be delivered in Samui tomorrow for 5000) and produce their Passports."