With pandemic under control, officials press ahead with Pattaya rebrand

webfact

16 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

And while working and going to and from work, before they are discovered, they absolutely have no contact with other groups that do take the Ekkamai bus to Pattaya? Can oyu please comfirm that? ????

As of before it was about 300 cases per day, now 900. That means 3 times the risk. I do not call that better control.

Thailand is far more competent than many other countries when it comes to containing this virus....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-28/new-zealand-tops-list-as-country-with-best-covid-response/13095758

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that the drive should be to rebrand Pattaya not just as a nighttime destination but one that lives and breathes all day long.

Always thought that Pattaya had the potential to become the "Orlando" of South East Asia. But the big question is: in 2020 would Disney Corp. accept to be seen associated with a Military "Authoritarian regime"?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Always thought that Pattaya had the potential to become the "Orlando" of South East Asia. But the big question is: in 2020 would Disney Corp. accept to be seen associated with a Military "Authoritarian regime"?

Didn't stop them going into China.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Thailand is far more competent than many other countries when it comes to containing this virus....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-28/new-zealand-tops-list-as-country-with-best-covid-response/13095758

Fair enough. That´s is 100% true, and i have never contested that fact. Will not even try to do that. Thailand have managed it well. This is not about who is best in the world in containing the spread of the virus. What I am opposing is that they implement higher aleart and restrictions when they only have about 100-200 cases per day. When they have almost 1000 per day, they say that it´s under control. it´s was the way of describing the domestic situation I was referring to, not the capability of containing it compared on the international level.

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason

Las Vegas did the rebranding thing a while back to try to be a family destination......

Based on the impact of that idea, a few years later they had to introduce the "what happens in vegas stays in vegas" campaign and it was back to being Sin City.....

worst comes to worst, the bars/red light locations will just be relocated a few blocks away from the beach...

same-same...but different...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, poskat said:

Las Vegas did the rebranding thing a while back to try to be a family destination......

Based on the impact of that idea, a few years later they had to introduce the "what happens in vegas stays in vegas" campaign and it was back to being Sin City.....

worst comes to worst, the bars/red light locations will just be relocated a few blocks away from the beach...

same-same...but different...

It was the nightlife bars, and girls right along the beach that was the  unique atmosphere attraction for me. Soi  Bukow??  I would rather be in Bangkok.