Have you ever had 'Hard Times' in Thailand?

WineOh

2 minutes ago, DaLa said:

When I first ended up here through turmoil in my life back in the UK things were tough. I started a business with my Thai wife and had given up a well paid job back home and a riverside detached house in glorious settings to sleep on a concrete floor with no windows and no A/C for a few years.

The lack of friends, boredom and problems with the business and immigration rules here gave me plenty of headaches and sometimes regrets that I had committed to this new life.

I’ve adjusted, accepted Thailands misgivings and also once I reached UK retirement age became self sufficient. All I have to do is wake up in a morning. I have found meaningful ways of spending my days by alternating between watching girls on-line, watching girls whilst shopping in Central stores and having a drink or 3.

I’d say life's ok…..just waiting anxiously for that day when I wake up with a health issue.

When that day comes for me, I shall not bother waking up!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WineOh said:

That is exactly how I live too mate!

I have never owned a credit card in my life and I never will! ???? 

No property or car then?

I regard a mortgage or finance deal the same as a C Card .

Edited by KannikaP

Just now, Ron jeremy said:

A cc builds a credit rating 

it is also very important for traveling, booking hotel rooms etc etc etc

so you carry a pack of cash when travelling?

how do u book a hotel or plane tickets?

????????????????????‍♂️????????‍♂️????

Cash is king mate ????

cold hard cash.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

True. But, I would take that as an indicator of people not wanting to air their dirty underwear, so to speak. Many of us have faced hard times in the past. I for one, only discuss it on rare occasion, and then only with close friends, when the topic is relevant. I guess it might be considered too personal?

I get your point.

But as this is an anonymous forum I figured this shouldn't be too much of an issue. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There are few things as liberating in life as paying cash for a vehicle, and owning a home outright. And there are so many great things to be said about not dealing with a Thai bank, when it comes to financing. Credit cards can be incredibly convenient for budgeting, record keeping, and online purchases. And when you are able to pay off the bill in total each month, it is easy, simple and pleasant. 

I don't know which part of this reply WineOh is Thanking, the first about paying for a car or house outright, or the second part about the usefullness of a Credit Card.