Jump to content

What am i looking at for failing to do 90-days report?


Recommended Posts

Just a hypothetical question in case online report doesnt accept my request (thou my local IO told me i might or might not success in report online), and my local IO is about 650km away from my place.. so would my Non Imm O 1 year be revoked if i fail or miss the deadline report?

 

We are likely to fly out of the country sometime in early May or June (still in consult with counsular regarding my thai wife entry visa to enter the country), my 90-day report dates March 25 and we do not plan for long drive months before we leaving, since we need to be perfectly healthy before booking flight tickets and run PCR tests. I hope online report works for me on March 25 otherwise i'll have to let it go.

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only penalty for being late or not doing a 90 day report is a 2000 baht fine.

Try online reporting 15 days early and if it does not work send it it by mail (registered or EMS) to your local office up to 7 days before your report date.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bangyai said:

Are you quite sure about that ?

It is well possible that his current place of stay, is very far - 650 km - from where he applied for his 1-year extension of stay.  And the 90-day report has to be done at the local IO where you have your 'official residence for Immigration purposes'.

Two options for him:

1 - Doing his 90-day report on-line or by mail, from where he is currently residing (the application window for both options is different);

2 - Visiting the local IO of the province where he is currently residing and filing a TM-30 to 'relocate' to that new place.  This has to be done in person, and it will then allow him to do his 90-report at the IO of the province where he relocated.  Filing of the 90-day report can then be done in person, on-line or by mail to that new IO>

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you ask people on a public forum? Find out F A C T S from a lawyer or the immigration office. Do you really think the people on this forum are more informed than lawyers and Thai officials?

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, arfandy said:

and my local IO is about 650km away from my place

I think you don't understand what "local" means. There is no province in Thailand so big that your local IO could be 650km away.

If it's not working online use your actual local immigration office.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, arfandy said:

Just a hypothetical question in case online report doesnt accept my request (thou my local IO told me i might or might not success in report online), and my local IO is about 650km away from my place.. so would my Non Imm O 1 year be revoked if i fail or miss the deadline report?

 

We are likely to fly out of the country sometime in early May or June (still in consult with counsular regarding my thai wife entry visa to enter the country), my 90-day report dates March 25 and we do not plan for long drive months before we leaving, since we need to be perfectly healthy before booking flight tickets and run PCR tests. I hope online report works for me on March 25 otherwise i'll have to let it go.

 

Thanks

Why not do what I do? Down load the form from Imm site, add photo copies of the necessary passport  pages, add an  envelope with your return address and a stamp, and send by registered mail to Immigration in CW.

You will receive a confirmation to your address.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I think you don't understand what "local" means. There is no province in Thailand so big that your local IO could be 650km away.

If it's not working online use your actual local immigration office.

OP is probably residing currently at a different province than where he applied for his Non Imm O Visa or where he did his 1-year extension of stay.  No problem - when it is working - to do the 90 day report on-line (or alternatively mail it to the IO where he is officially registered for immigration purposes).  When he doesn't intend to return to that 'official' address, he should relocate to his current address, which has to be done in person at the IO of the province where he is currently residing by filing a TM-30 (or TM-27).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, OffshoreMig said:

Do it online.  Takes less than 5 mins. Job done. Make sure you lodge within 1 week of the due date.  (not before)

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

When doing your 90-day report on-line the window to do that has been enlarged from 14 days before till actual due date.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, fakser said:

Why not do what I do? Down load the form from Imm site, add photo copies of the necessary passport  pages, add an  envelope with your return address and a stamp, and send by registered mail to Immigration in CW.

You will receive a confirmation to your address.

Yes he could do that, but it has to be sent to the Imm Office where his 'official address for Immigration purposes' has been registered.  If that was in the Bangkok area, he would have to send it indeed to CW.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kurtf said:

Why would you ask people on a public forum? Find out F A C T S from a lawyer or the immigration office. Do you really think the people on this forum are more informed than lawyers and Thai officials?

Doh !!! Welcome to the forum, such a helpful response.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...