Buy condo in foreigner name ONLY even when married ?

hola boys, can someone tell me if it's easy to buy a new condo and put only a foreigner name on the documents, even when married to a Thai ?

do they even ask if you are married or any documents ?

has anybody been to pattaya land office lately, is it crowded ?

thank you for your confirmation.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can put condo in sole or both names. My advice from my experience is put it in your name only. I remember so clearly sitting in the lawyer's office in Sathorn in December 2009 when signing power o

You can put your name only in the document, even when your married. But If you make a divorce and your ex-wife will then go to court, then I am not sure what will happen. I have 2 condos in

With the exception of anything you own prior to marriage is my understanding.

5 hours ago, HampiK said:

You can put your name only in the document, even when your married.

But If you make a divorce and your ex-wife will then go to court, then I am not sure what will happen.

I have 2 condos in my name, which I bought after marriage.

so they do not ask if you are married or any document ?

only your passport ?

thank you.

As long as the quota for foreigners is sufficient  there is no need to include anyone but yourself. If you have concerns ensure a Thai will is made specifically stating what is to happen with the unit in case of your demise. You may want to  see about registering that Will.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, scoupeo said:

so they do not ask if you are married or any document ?

only your passport ?

thank you.

They do ask, and if you're married you need your spouse's consent for the purchase and for selling the property later on. As I'm not married I told the land office official I'm single and they didn't ask for proof, so I guess you can say you're single even if you're not...

That applies to Thai nationals as well. 

The above is from personal experience in 2 different land office in different provinces 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi - Not sure if you are aware or not, but you should have a "Tor-Tor Sam" for any money you you put in to a Foreign Name and Held Condo.  Hopefully I am just overstating the obvious, but a Tor-Tor Sam is a verification of the Money transferred into Thailand to buy the Condo is on the Up and Up - Having this established up front will save many headaches on the back end if there is one.  Good Luck - G  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Gary Pizzelleman said:

Hi - Not sure if you are aware or not, but you should have a "Tor-Tor Sam" for any money you you put in to a Foreign Name and Held Condo.  Hopefully I am just overstating the obvious, but a Tor-Tor Sam is a verification of the Money transferred into Thailand to buy the Condo is on the Up and Up - Having this established up front will save many headaches on the back end if there is one.  Good Luck - G  

I have an old one, I will just change the date to purchase a new condo !

16 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

the question you really want to ask is "What is the process during a divorce in Thailand to determine my assets?"  

no ! nobody divorce me alive ! so no, it's not the problem here...

• Haha 2