One death, 819 new Covid cases in 24 hours, strict measures may be relaxed in some provinces

webfact

3 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

I find it astonishing that numbers as high as these have only spread among the migrant community

Must be over 7 weeks ago since it started too

Foreigners are dirty covid carriers; Thais and clean as a whistle and only catch covid from dirty foreigners.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Megasin1 said:

what an interesting and thought provoking analogy, especially when you consider the Thai haphazard approach to road safety, abidance to driving law and good practice ???? 

Its odd there is zero tolerance for one cause of death, and a somewhat laissez faire attitude towards another cause of death. And, you can actually reduce the total number of accidents by enforcing traffic laws, lockdowns dont reduce the number of people who get infected, in the end everyone will get infected or vaccinated. 

Edited by longway
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everytime they post covid headlines, the village idiots come out with another set of ridiculous remarks. 

"A fairly large swath of the population has already had it and that there is a better than average 'herd immunity' already establish in Thailand."

"It's just a question of how long it takes people to realise that it is just one of thousands of viruses we learn to live with."

Etc...

• Like 1

Also testing positive are one Indian from the United Arab Emirates, an Australian from Mozambique, three British nationals, a Polish citizen, an Iranian, a Swedish national, and an Indonesian, who flew in from their respective nations.

what I find amazing, everybody needs PCR tests 48 hours before they fly. Yet these people are catching covid in ASQ. It makes me wonder about the hotels and their cleanliness and if they have been disengaged regularly.  !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raphus said:

Also testing positive are one Indian from the United Arab Emirates, an Australian from Mozambique, three British nationals, a Polish citizen, an Iranian, a Swedish national, and an Indonesian, who flew in from their respective nations.

what I find amazing, everybody needs PCR tests 48 hours before they fly. Yet these people are catching covid in ASQ. It makes me wonder about the hotels and their cleanliness and if they have been disengaged regularly.  !

A positive test is not a case. i just had a positive a couple of weeks ago. not a single symptom. Alot depends on the lab.

2 hours ago, Pinot said:

Everytime they post covid headlines, the village idiots come out with another set of ridiculous remarks.

All disease correlates with poverty, as do deaths of despair and suicide, the village idiots are the ones that cheer on the unnecessary, unproven lockdowns. Studies have shown they have no clear benefit.

Edited by jspill
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, jspill said:

All disease correlates with poverty, as do deaths of despair and suicide, the village idiots are the ones that cheer on the unnecessary, unproven lockdowns. Studies have shown they have no clear benefit.

Perhaps you could supply links to these studies. Clearly the US has not benefitted from their reluctance to implement serious lockdowns. Australia on the otherhand has not been lockdown adverse and has currently zero cases.

Edited by LosLobo

8 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Two million sounds a lot and it is, but you have to put this number into perspective! How many of those 2 million had pre existing conditions or were very old and may have died anyway, even if they didn't get Covid 19,  we don't really know!

The other thing is  , 17.3 million people die from cardiovascular disease -- many  from heart attacks and strokes -- around the world each year, according to the World Health Organization.  Even the common flu kills hundreds of thousands each year worldwide. The common flu has been around for a very long time and we have vaccines for it, but we had to live with it. Obviously I am not making light of the 2 million, but you have to look at the bigger picture.

Sorry but are heart diseases and strokes contagious? 

Let's not mix things together. 

7 hours ago, longway said:

A positive test is not a case. i just had a positive a couple of weeks ago. not a single symptom. Alot depends on the lab.

Yet here in Thailand you are treated as a case, an Asymptomatic one, and shuffled off to a hospital isolation ward until you test negative, of course it is at your expense.  Not the same elsewhere.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, longway said:

Absolutely correct.  Another standard the WHO has REVERTED back to prior to covid is the standard that no test proves positive until backed up with a 2nd positive test.  This has been the standard for years for all disease tests.

• Like 1

Some troll posts have been removed.

A post with unattributed content that was copy and pasted from some site without a supporting link has been removed as well as a reply:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

19 hours ago, Guderian said:

Bangkok has been recording a steady 10-20 cases a day for over a week, and they aren't even looking for them. Try carrying out some mass-testing in the western areas of the city and see what you find, but of course it's much easier to stick your head in the sand and pretend that everything's just fine. Chonburi hasn't had a case for a week, so why is it still a red zone when Bangkok, with a bunch of new cases every day, is just an orange zone? Does it have anything to do with the fact that the Nayok and (probably) most members of the CCSA live there and they really don't want to be inconvenienced?

Don't post misinformation.  They are actively looking for cases, just not doing mass testing.

One thing they are doing is testing sewage water, just like many other countries.  If the virus is discovered, they go into that area and test.

Sadly, they aren't doing mass testing.  But so far, have done a great job with regards to the virus.  Especially considering how the virus is out of control in many other countries.  Especially in the West.

Hopefully, Chonburi will be moved to yellow this weekend.

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

ok, not seen that one reported, do you have a link?

No link in English.  That's the problem here.  A lot of good info out there, just not in English. And if so, not translated properly.

I'll have my wife try to find the link...

Here's what they are doing....

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41587-020-0690-1

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

No link in English.  That's the problem here.  A lot of good info out there, just not in English. And if so, not translated properly.

I'll have my wife try to find the link...

Here's what they are doing....

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41587-020-0690-1

Ok I had a search in Thai and found 2 or 3 links mentioning it, these are from reports from early January 2021 stating that they intend to test this method of finding covid.

Yes I'm aware its been used for many months in other countries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ok I had a search in Thai and found 2 or 3 links mentioning it, these are from reports from early January 2021 stating that they intend to test this method of finding covid.

Yes I'm aware its been used for many months in other countries.

I'd never heard of this before. So when my Thai friend mentioned this, I was amazed!  Contrary to what some say, Thailand is doing very well with regards to the virus.  Kudos to them.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, dcnx said:

You’re safe unless you’re a filthy foreigner from Myanmar. 

I prefer them to a filthy racist any day of the week. Which brand are you? White supremacist Trump cult or an uncouth  lout from the UK? At least with covid one can recover and heal. No cure for your disease. Please quarantine and try not to spread it, and I hope you don't teach it to any kids.

22 hours ago, Rockhound said:

Don't people get it?  The rise in cases is solely due to the rise in testing.  Most if not all of these people are not ill - in any sense of the word prior to about March last year.   Covid isn't going away.  it's just a question of how long it takes people to realise that it is just one of thousands of viruses we learn to live with.    Or would you all rather live like prisoners for the rest of your life while the global economy crashes deeper and deeper until it affects you and then you finally realise that the global lockdown policy was all a huge error?

Spoken like a true Proud Boy ...Wealth before Health...Donald's man

13 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Perhaps you could supply links to these studies. Clearly the US has not benefitted from their reluctance to implement serious lockdowns. Australia on the otherhand has not been lockdown adverse and has currently zero cases.

Tanzania has never locked down or really done anything to mitigate against the virus and is in the same position as NZ. There is so much we dont kow about this virus. There is no evidence that lockdowns do anything except provide a temporary relief when health services are threatened to be overrun. And even that is debateable. It could be that NZ and Aus would never have had much of a problem even if they had never done anything. we dont know, one way or another.

You can check US stats by state, it would be impossible to pick out which states had strict lockdowns and which states did little, by lookking at the stats.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html#states

Edited by longway

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Don't post misinformation.  They are actively looking for cases, just not doing mass testing.

One thing they are doing is testing sewage water, just like many other countries.  If the virus is discovered, they go into that area and test.

Sadly, they aren't doing mass testing.  But so far, have done a great job with regards to the virus.  Especially considering how the virus is out of control in many other countries.  Especially in the West.

Hopefully, Chonburi will be moved to yellow this weekend.

Australia and NZ are part of the West, so dont post your own misinformation.

No test no numbers, it's a simple methodology and very common in all S E Asian countries

21 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Two million sounds a lot and it is, but you have to put this number into perspective! How many of those 2 million had pre existing conditions or were very old and may have died anyway, even if they didn't get Covid 19,  we don't really know!

The other thing is  , 17.3 million people die from cardiovascular disease -- many  from heart attacks and strokes -- around the world each year, according to the World Health Organization.

Regardless of the above, 2 million is a lot, and China failed to stop it and because of China not closing off it's airports/borders, they unleashed Covid 19 into the wider world population which has taken the lives of 2 million people who would have otherwise been here today, and let's not forget many more who will not be the same because of Covid's effect on their raspatory systems being hacked up due to Covid.

Stating that many people die of cardiovascular and cancer diseases has nothing to do with the bigger picture in my opinion and lets not start talking about how many people have lost jobs/careers, businesses, their homes, and what lay ahead for students just finishing university like my daughter, which is the bigger picture.

China has to pay for its actions regardless, but we know that isn't going to happen like Bush junior unleashing on Iran and being brought to justice for the killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iranians, because he said they had weapons of mass destruction when they didn't.

Edited by 4MyEgo

1 hour ago, steevjee said:

Australia and NZ are part of the West, so dont post your own misinformation.

No test no numbers, it's a simple methodology and very common in all S E Asian countries

Did you get the point where I said "many"...as opposed to ALL?  Doesn't look like it.

5 minutes ago, ExpatDraco said:

How many % of the world population dies every year, you think? People just can't see the bigger picture. I wonder what would happen if something serious comes along instead of this crappy virus.

I understand your point and argument, but do you think your calculation would be higher if social distancing, mask wearing, hand sanitation and border lockdowns were not in place ?