More than 100 foreigners and Thais arrested at party on Koh Phangan

webfact

11 hours ago, Nout said:

Mercifully or otherwise this is a nail in the coffin for the whole druggie/hippie/nomad/ type FMP crowd. A repellent bunch of entitled travellers.

arent you the virtuous one! " you repellent people in ivory towers sitting in judgement are the epitomy of hypocracy" still whatever floats your boat...

• Like 2

made international news - front page sky news:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-six-britons-among-89-foreigners-arrested-at-bar-in-thailand-after-coronavirus-crackdown-12200598

Six Britons have been arrested after Thai police raided a party at a bar - in an operation targeting suspected COVID rule-breakers.

The incident happened on Tuesday night local time, with 89 foreigners detained along with 22 Thais.

Police raided the Three Sixty Bar on Koh Phangan island in the south of Thailand, according to colonel Suparerk Pankosol, who is superintendent of the provincial immigration office.

Col Pankosol said the gathering was illegal under a national state of emergency declared last March to combat the coronavirus.

He said his team had tracked the party after tickets were advertised online for 100 baht (£2.43).

Among the foreigners arrested were six people from the UK, 10 Americans and 19 French, as well as groups from 16 other nationalities.

Edited by GeorgeCross

18 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

In Koh Phangan sources it is written that the raid was around 9 pm.
Now what is the correct reporting?

My gf works in a local restaurant and people turned up with news of the raid around 11pm, so your news is certainly more accurate.

17 hours ago, Nout said:

Thanks for the correction on demographics. BUT...Do they listen to techno, hip hop and rap and 'put their <deleted> hand up?'...if so then I'm glad to see the back of them...

People who listen to real Techno never hear the words 'put [your] <deleted> hand up?'. 

You're referring to EDM(electronic dance music), which is <deleted>. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaiDong said:

People who listen to real Techno never hear the words 'put [your] <deleted> hand up?'. 

Well we're still talking about Phangan so no real techno here

5 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

Big headline in my national news, too.. 'Allegedly 2 years prison' they mention. Thanks news now I have to deal with worried family and friends all day long.

21 hours ago, Fatboi said:

Nice little earner that one, no chance that anyone on a tourist visa will get their bail money returned before their visa expires.

What do you base that on?  As soon as the fines are paid and they are released the bail will be refunded.

6 hours ago, Fatboi said:
On 1/28/2021 at 3:19 PM, Matreusse said:

What do you base that on?  As soon as the fines are paid and they are released the bail will be refunded.

personal experience

Odd that, my personal experience of bail repayment says otherwise.  What was the outcome of your bail refund request being denied and why was it denied?

13 hours ago, Matreusse said:

Odd that, my personal experience of bail repayment says otherwise.  What was the outcome of your bail refund request being denied and why was it denied?

not denied, delayed until tourist visa expired, happened to everyone in the group on a tourist visa (around 20 of us) at the time. Not even mad, I chalk it up to idiot tax and it taught me a valuable lesson which saved me a lot more money in the future

7 hours ago, Fatboi said:
21 hours ago, Matreusse said:

not denied, delayed until tourist visa expired, happened to everyone in the group on a tourist visa (around 20 of us) at the time. Not even mad, I chalk it up to idiot tax and it taught me a valuable lesson which saved me a lot more money in the future

Still a very unusual action, my personal experience and that of a couple of colleagues was that the expiry date of visas/extensions had nothing to do with, and no effect on, the refund of bail.