How much tea and coffee do the Consular team drink?

Hmmm, Brit here.

When not working from home I get to the office at about 6.30AM, by 8AM I am making my second 1.5L pot of tea (I don't count the actual mugs of tea). I consume a lot of the stuff throughout the day, I can measure my productivity (and associated stress level) by the number of used bags when I finish.

I prefer the Dilmah brand of Ceylon tea, black with no sugar, it's not cheap mind.

AND the office supply snacks (not necessarily biccies).

WFH is even worse as Madam makes the tea so I don't have to do it myself.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, British Consular Team said:

Biscuits are rare.

If you ever visit the ThaiVisa bunker you can grab a few handfuls from the snack bar. We have everything from custard creams to waggon wheels, Jammie dodgers, Cadbury dairy milk fingers, Battenburg cake. All sorts really.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, British Consular Team said:

Based on stats up to last week we drink on average about 0.8 of a cuppa a day per person in the team.

Is there a counter on the teapot .? 

And no mention of curled or raised little fingers when raising the cup from one's saucer .. 

IMG_20210127_155151.jpg

9 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Is there a counter on the teapot .? 

And no mention of curled or raised little fingers when raising the cup from one's saucer .. 

IMG_20210127_155151.jpg

I believe it should be raised, as keeping it curled may infer a crippled little finger which is awkward.

Edited by AlQaholic

11 hours ago, blackcab said:

That stuff is absolute cack. Remind me to bring my own box of PG Tips next time I visit!

Here is a question. I only have an average of two cups a day, but cannot drink tea without a cake or biccie, anyone else like this? Also, I have never even tasted coffee in my life, just cannot stand the smell of the stuff, the same applies to alcohol.

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

I usually get 2,000 PG or Tetley when family visit, sadly supplies have dried up due to the spikey footballs.

Dilmah is better than the alternative, Yellow Label which is the tea equivalent of Budweiser.

I agree, I actually like Dilmah.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blackcab said:

If you ever visit the ThaiVisa bunker you can grab a few handfuls from the snack bar. We have everything from custard creams to waggon wheels, Jammie dodgers, Cadbury dairy milk fingers, Battenburg cake. All sorts really.

What time is tiffin?

I am surprised that the tea consumed is not Earl Grey tea. Expensive to buy here in Thailand but its what I have always enjoyed. When I was working it was at least 6 cups a day now I am retired its only 3 cups and often with a ginger biscuit. 

I am sure the embassy employs many Thai people so was the figure quoted based on all staff including Thais or just the British staff?

18 minutes ago, British Consular Team said:

Our Consul is in an Embassy Board of Management meeting as we write. He tells us there is one packet of ginger nuts on the table...

If I was to suggest who the ginger nut might be, I'm sure I'd be  thrown in The Tower.....but I imagine you might know who I might mean.

*laugh emoji*

3 hours ago, British Consular Team said:

We have some big fans of coffee amongst our Thai colleagues. Bubble tea is popular too - should we include that in our stats? Not really tea, is it? 

The embassy must be busy, but I do appreciate the time taken on this thread.

It's a nice change to see something cheerful and positive in an otherwise difficult time for many, and I laughed and smiled at a lot of the comments here. 

Keep up the good work ????

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 2