hot nose on dog

About a month ago our dog had an op' to remove a badly infected milk duct.  Swelling came up very fast, over two days.

The vet did say it looked like she also had a tumor deeper inside but would have been very risky to remove it because of proximity to intestines etc.

She recovered very fast over a couple of days but now is starting to get get very clingy and continally looking for stroking etc.

As title she is developing a dry hot nose and her eyes just look dull compared to before and is eating less and less but drinking a lot of water.

Any ideas out there for any meds that might make her at least feel a bit better.

She's 10/11 years old thai mutt.

Any meds will just hide the illness if she is sick.

You really are best to take her back to a vet, perhaps a different on this time. 

The temperature of the dogs nose is not really any indication of their health...bit of an old wives tale. 

But the change in the dogs eating and behaviour suggests there is something wrong and if you leave it she could deteriorate quickly. 

21 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Any meds will just hide the illness if she is sick.

You really are best to take her back to a vet, perhaps a different on this time. 

The temperature of the dogs nose is not really any indication of their health...bit of an old wives tale. 

But the change in the dogs eating and behaviour suggests there is something wrong and if you leave it she could deteriorate quickly. 

Did see a second vet who said that 'dog chemo' was probably the only thing to do but that would most likely shorten her time.

• Sad 1

On 1/27/2021 at 2:56 PM, overherebc said:

Did see a second vet who said that 'dog chemo' was probably the only thing to do but that would most likely shorten her time.

What a shame. I feel for you.  One of our dogs died a couple of years ago and I was heartbroken. Now one of our remaining 2 has been sick and refusing food for 2 days. So worrying. Off to the vet if now improvement tomorrow. 

I just hope someone is not poisoning my dogs, as we have a crazy drink neighbour that is always complaining about them being noisy, even though they only bark if someone rings the door bell and that is a rare occurrence.