Thai baht remains strong, why?

Is there any TVF members who are (or were) properly qualified in Economics to explain why the Thai Baht remains so high against most of the Worlds currencies?

Please no conspiracy theorists, I would really honestly like to know why it is so?

From economic quoted is due high foreign investment and a strong Thai financial and Asian markets.

The Thai government could adjust it as it is illedgedly overvalued but choose not to. 

Difficult to know about rate's the anti brexit mob here said the pound will hit Bottom but it's over 41 at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

people make billions trading the baht.  why would there be transparency?  an econ degree will let you understand the market?  only in hindsight you will be able to say something that might not sound dumb.

my job is to get you to think it will crash as i keep buying and get rich.   

i could tell you about a chinese firm who is buying baht and selling 19 other currencies while also buying 3 other ones while also selling 28 other ones and buying 17 other ones and that everything they do is secret.  

10 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

It could be with less money you now eating more process food which can result in a higher blood sugar level thus the requirement of more peeing.????

Or maybe....drinking more cheap beer to drown my sorrow......cry cry cry

17 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

From economic quoted is due high foreign investment and a strong Thai financial and Asian markets.

The Thai government could adjust it as it is illedgedly overvalued but choose not to. 

Difficult to know about rate's the anti brexit mob here said the pound will hit Bottom but it's over 41 at the moment. 

Wow. It was 55 the day before the referendum. So we have to be grateful for 41 with Brexit.!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Good Lord..... next up asking TV members for medical advice! ????????????????

From OP "Is there any TVF members who are (or were) properly qualified in Economics to explain..." - seems entirely sensible. I also would like to hear an explanation from someone who is qualified to do so.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BoonToong said:

From OP "Is there any TVF members who are (or were) properly qualified in Economics to explain..." - seems entirely sensible. I also would like to hear an explanation from someone who is qualified to do so.

There is no such person.  If there was, they would all be filthy rich, predicting the changes that are going to happen.  Interesting that all the filthy rich people are not economists, far from it some of them. Economics is like fortune telling, or astrology, it has little basis in fact or science.

• Like 1

Just now, Pilotman said:

There is no such person.  If there was, they would all be filthy rich, predicting the changes that are going to happen.  Interesting that all the filthy rich people are not economists, far from it some of them. Economics is like fortune telling, or astrology, it has little basis in fact or science.

The OP should ask Soros then? ???? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, siamike said:

Last month the United States placed Thailand on their watch list for suspected currency manipulation  https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-on-us-treasurys-watchlist-for-suspected-currency-manipulation  

For undisclosed reasons, the Thai Government wants the Baht to remain strong.

Yeah but everybody is on one or the other US watchlist.........even themselves!

3 hours ago, JayClay said:
19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Which is a massive gain on the pre-vote rate of 55, huh?

Yep! My income from the UK dropped around 20% in value overnight ☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JayClay said:

Which is a massive gain on the pre-vote rate of 55, huh?

OK for those here who don't understand my point.

Brexit or no Brexit when has the Euro bought more baht than the £.

This is about strong baht currency £ was 37-38 for a long while, now at the moment around 41 why that is I have no idea. 

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

It could be with less money you now eating more process food which can result in a higher blood sugar level thus the requirement of more peeing.????

Yep, Diabetes, because you are eating of of the food carts, spending Baht, while not buying the more expensive healthy choices because of the high import fees....sigh

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Yeah but everybody is on one or the other US watchlist.........even themselves!

But is the Watchman on the watch-list, they were just borrowed after all, no manipulation of money on his part at all...just ask

In general, I expect Asia to continue to ascend, and the West to continue to decline. I think the "American empire" is drawing to an close. Sure, the military may remain enormous for decades to come. But, the economy will continue to wither, compared to other giants, like China, and India. So will the cultural influence, as Hollywood is going downhill fast, and the pop singers of today do not have much to contribute. America will no longer be the place to be, as it will become harder and harder to get good paying jobs, the overall quality of life there is a pale shadow of what it used to be, for all but the top 5%, and the xenophobic visa policies will continue to discourage the best and the brightest from around the world from working there. Due to an outdated quota system, the US has not attracted that group, for quite some time. Nobody really knows how much the US accumulated debt is. It was around $27 trillion prior to Covid. And the entire Iraq and Afghan campaigns were done "off the books". That is somewhere in the $6-10 trillion range (I do not care about official numbers, as they are always a lie). Plus around $6-7 trillion in Covid relief. So, where does that leave the US? In the range of 39 to 44 trillion in debt. With interest rates expected to rise over the next 5-10 years, how does a debt load like that remain serviceable? 

Total potential debt for the U.S. by one all-encompassing measure is running close to 2,000% of GDP, according to an analysis that suggests danger but also cautions against reading too much into the level.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/09/real-us-debt-levels-could-be-a-shocking-2000percent-of-gdp-report-suggests.html

“The share of publicly held debt we have now relative to GDP has only happened once before in U.S. history. What our debt levels are — we often talk about this number, $19 trillion of debt. That’s not the real number because all of your entitlement spending is kept off book on a different ledger. The real number is more like 70 to 75 trillion dollars — and so when you set that up against U.S. GDP, the only time we ever had a debt-to-GDP ratio like this was on the eve of the Great Depression.”
— Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), town hall meeting in Elkhorn, Neb., March 17, 2017

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/04/18/is-the-real-number-for-the-national-debt-70-trillion/

To some extent, much of this applies to Europe also. Asia will continue it's ascent for the next century or so. It is the place to be. So, it makes sense that the predominant Asian currencies will only get stronger. I can foresee the Thai baht being somewhere in the 15-20 baht per dollar range, within the next 5-10 years. Just a wild prediction. But, it is possible. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

That will make you pee even more beer in general has lots of sugar!????

Beer has exactly 0g of sugar.

That's a fact.

What happens in the body with the metabolism of alcohol is an entire different thing.