No Brexit bonfire for City of London, but it won't be a 'rule taker'

snoop1130

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

McGuinness said she hoped Johnson's government would now focus on the future of the City, helping green finance, fintech, Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) and new types of companies generate capital.

I am sorry to say, but I think he is a little bit busy with the pandemic.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Back on earth universal credit pays £409pm that incudes £80pm uplift in the crisis and ends on March 31st a real snivelling derivative to trade in ????

"The finance sector pays more than 10% of Britain's tax bill"

Where do you think that £409pm comes from, the Magic Money Tree?

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

You have chosen to take your own views far too seriously.

I’m a lumberjack and happy to chop down your trees, then you will be able to see the light. 

Be careful so it doesn´t hit you on the way down. That´s what we call lights out.

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason

16 hours ago, Loiner said:
On 1/28/2021 at 10:52 AM, 7by7 said:

All the evidence thus far proves that Brexit is working out for the UK much worse than Remainers hoped for.

The EU have in this, as many other areas, already given the lie to the Brexiteer wet dream that they need us more than we need them!

There’s nothing of the sort, so far it’s mostly looking good. Whatever you think is worse is all in your own mind. 

This report is one more of many concerning the negative effects of Brexit.

Despite being asked many times, how come you and your fellows refuse point blank to name, let alone provide evidence of, one, single benefit to the UK of Brexit?

22 hours ago, Hi from France said:

I really wonder where you take your rhetoric from especially the constant use of adjectives

• Corrupt EU
  • free-trade loving UK

instead of sourcing what you say, you seem to think that repeating over and over the same words "the EU is corrupt" and "the UK is heroic" will make it true if you just repeat it all the time

actually in this way, you don't really express yourself like a British man (if you see what I mean)

Look more like you adopted our own continental extreme right lingo ???? 

"the EU is corrupt" and "the UK is heroic"

That's just a reminder for you, because you haven't been listening have you? 

Lingo? Learned a new word, or never knew the meaning of it. You don't know how to apply the correct definition of extreme right either.

• Like 2