No Brexit bonfire for City of London, but it won't be a 'rule taker'

snoop1130

20 hours ago, Loiner said:

No, it is anti-Brexit hype and hysteria still being exaggerated and escalated by the Remainers. Is it only in your imagination because they put it there, or do you all still fear the Brexit bogeyman? The euros are full of bitterness because they have lost Treasure Island but the Brit Remainers, well they'll always find a reason to moan about Boris or anything that usurps their imaginary superiority.

Instead of your usual head in the sand dismissal of yet another report of the negative effects of Brexit; why don't you provide a report of a positive one?

You've been asked for one often enough.

20 hours ago, Loiner said:

<snip>

You don't know how to apply the correct definition of extreme right either.

So what is your definition?

How do you define the politics of your hero in your avatar if not far right?

A person too far right even for Farage and other UKIP MEPs who at the time, November 2018, all resigned from the party when then party leader Batten accepted him as a party member and appointed him as a special advisor. Despite UKIP's rules denying membership to those who have been part of extreme right-wing groups in the past.

Yaxley-Lennon founded the English Defence League, had been a member of the British National Party, and has had ties with the British Freedom Party. To be fair, though, his links to For Britain occurred in April and May 2019, after his UKIP failure.

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Instead of your usual head in the sand dismissal of yet another report of the negative effects of Brexit; why don't you provide a report of a positive one?

You've been asked for one often enough.

You've been told often enough that I don't dance for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

So what is your definition?

How do you define the politics of your hero in your avatar if not far right?

A person too far right even for Farage and other UKIP MEPs who at the time, November 2018, all resigned from the party when then party leader Batten accepted him as a party member and appointed him as a special advisor. Despite UKIP's rules denying membership to those who have been part of extreme right-wing groups in the past.

Yaxley-Lennon founded the English Defence League, had been a member of the British National Party, and has had ties with the British Freedom Party. To be fair, though, his links to For Britain occurred in April and May 2019, after his UKIP failure.

You lot think anyone not on the left of Stalin is extreme right. You've no idea.

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You lot think anyone not on the left of Stalin is extreme right. You've no idea.

I have a very good idea; you and your hero think anyone to the left of Oswald Mosely and his successors is either a communist traitor, an Islamist terrorist supporter or both!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You've been told often enough that I don't dance for you.

Obviously; because you cannot find a single positive to say about Brexit!

If you could you wouldn't be making pathetic excuses for saying nothing, you'd be broadcasting it from the rooftops. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I have a very good idea; you and your hero think anyone to the left of Oswald Mosely and his successors is either a communist traitor, an Islamist terrorist supporter or both!

Take your pick old boy. You also have no idea who my hero is. Keep trying. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Loiner said:

Take your pick old boy. You also have no idea who my hero is. Keep trying. 

So you have one of his propaganda pictures as your avatar because you despise him and all he stands for?

21 hours ago, Loiner said:

No excuse here. You’ve been given plenty before, but ignore everything you don’t like, and I don’t wanna dance. 

No, I have not been given any before; just excuses such as your effort.

Of course, you could always shut me up by instead of feeble excuses you post an actual, real benefit to the UK of Brexit.

Edited by 7by7
typo

20 hours ago, nkg said:

What would be the point in providing you with "a positive thing about Brexit"? No matter how obvious the benefit was, you would flatly deny that it existed. Allow me to demonstrate:

"Being out of the EU has allowed the UK to vaccinate its population against COVID more quickly than any EU country"

Now you can deny it and declare yourself "the winner".

How could I deny something which exists? I am not a Brexiteer!

As for your example; I will deny it because it is not a benefit of Brexit. It could just as easily have happened if Brexit was still a Farage pipedream.

When the UK MHRA first gave temporary authorisation to the supply of specific batches of Pfizer and BioNTech’s vaccine on 2 December 2020 we were still in the transition period and subject to all EU rules and regulations; including those governing the authorisation of medicines.

The government used the existing EU rules which allow emergency authorisation of human medicines. 

If you don't believe me, maybe you'll believe the BMJ: Vaccinating the UK: how the covid vaccine was approved, and other questions answered

Why was the vaccine given temporary authorisation?

Usually, the UK would wait for the European Medicines Agency to approve a vaccine before looking to distribute it, but in an emergency EU countries are allowed to use their own regulator to issue temporary authorisation. In October the government made changes to the Human Medicines Regulations 2012 to allow the MHRA to grant temporary authorisation of a covid-19 vaccine without needing to wait for the EMA.

(7by7 emphasis)

As first pointed out by @vinny41 in this post, the Inclusive Vaccine Alliance countries of Germany, France, Italy, and the Netherlands were taking combined similar action to the UK until they agreed to join with the rest of the EU 27 and hand over control to the Commission.

Note that, as I say here, this was not, as vinny41 suggests, due to any instruction or demand or pressure from the Commission, but a voluntarily entered into agreement at the suggestion of the German Chancellor. 

Now, do you have a real example of a benefit to the UK of Brexit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

<snip>

as the article clearly states the Inclusive Vaccine Alliance countries of Germany, France, Italy, were leaned upon by Brussels

A bit different from what the Telegraph in your post linked to above and the Irish Independent in mine also linked to above both said about them agreeing to a suggestion from Angela Merkel!

So what is it which caused them to align with the Commission? The evidence you, yourself, posted of suggestions from Merkel; or unsubstantiated allegations from one, long time Brexit supporting journalist?

42 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

A  Brexit supporting journalist working for the Guardian I never knew that

Well you've learnt something today.

42 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

'The best advert for Brexit': European press reacts to EU Covid vaccine row

Germany’s Die Zeit said the European commission had unwittingly provided “the best advertisement for Brexit: it is acting slowly, bureaucratically and in a protectionist manner. And if something goes wrong, it’s everyone else’s fault.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/31/european-press-reacts-eu-covid-vaccine-row

We all have our opinions, and some are lucky enough to be paid for expressing them.

But opinions are not facts.

One fact, of course, being that the different responses to the pandemic between the UK and EU are actually nothing to do with this topic!

14 hours ago, nkg said:

<snip>

As I expected. There will never be any benefit created by Brexit that you will accept, so why ask for one?

As explained by the British Medical Journal, not me, as we were still subject to all EU rules and regulations at the time the decision by the UK government to use those same EU regulations to unilaterally approve the use of the Pfizer and BioNTech’s vaccine, developed in Germany and manufactured in Belgium, was not a benefit created by Brexit. 

Whether our government would have done the same had Brexit never happened is moot; the fact is that we could have done.

I will accept any real benefit of Brexit you or anyone else can come up with. But you need to find something which only Brexit has brought us; not something we could have done as an EU member anyway!

13 hours ago, Loiner said:

Love him, but not my hero as I have many others to choose from. Don't you love him too? 

A convicted violent thug, fraudster and proven liar?

A man who pretends to care about the victims of child sexual abuse, but has played no part in exposing and bringing to justice anyone guilty of such a crime; instead he has defended two of his mates accused of then convicted of child sex offences?

I cannot understand how anyone can admire, let alone love, such a person.

Yes, you have been given plenty of examples. You simply continue to deny it. 

Plenty of examples? Name one.

I doubt there is anything that could shut you up

On this point; providing a real example of a Brexit benefit would. 

That you are allowed to continue posting here seems to confirm that. 

It is not up to you to decide who can and cannot post here nor what posters can and cannot post. But if you believe that any of my posts contravene the forum rules, you know where the report button is.

6 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

EU-UK relation have degraded faster in the past few weeks and are probably going to deteriorate because it is in the interests of politicians on both sides 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/02/vaccine-rows-spats-eu-uk-competitor

Yes but on the bright side the cavalier attitude of the EU have actually helped the remainers see what a tin pot organisation they really are, unbelievable I know but even the BBC are slating the EU. Bon chance.????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

A convicted violent thug, fraudster and proven liar?

A man who pretends to care about the victims of child sexual abuse, but has played no part in exposing and bringing to justice anyone guilty of such a crime; instead he has defended two of his mates accused of then convicted of child sex offences?

I cannot understand how anyone can admire, let alone love, such a person.

And still a good lad. Somebody has to stand up for the girls. 

Nobody else would - Social services, the police, the media, the politicians, the woke and most of all....the apologists wouldn’t. Which are you?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Plenty of examples? Name one.

On this point; providing a real example of a Brexit benefit would. 

It is not up to you to decide who can and cannot post here nor what posters can and cannot post. But if you believe that any of my posts contravene the forum rules, you know where the report button is.

Eddie Grant 1982.

Why did you invite me to make you shut up?

On 1/27/2021 at 5:04 AM, snoop1130 said:

London dominates the world's $6.6 trillion-a-day foreign exchange market, it is the biggest centre for international banking and the second largest fintech hub in the world after the United States.

Think on that for a minute.  The world's GDP is 80 Trillion a year.  Forex is 2,400 Trillion a year- 30 times the size of the world economy.  With someone siphoning off a tiny percentage of each trade in commissions and service fees.

What could possibly go wrong?  Maybe wallstreetbets could crash the entire economy and not just some hedge funds.

Edited by impulse

14 hours ago, Loiner said:

And still a good lad. Somebody has to stand up for the girls. 

Nobody else would - Social services, the police, the media, the politicians, the woke and most of all....the apologists wouldn’t. Which are you?

There is nothing which is anywhere close to the truth in that post.

The only 'standing up' he did was in defence of his two EDL mates! Until he changed his mind when the evidence against them was overwhelming and they were convicted.