i do not understand

opalred

with the virus here and world wide every country have armed forces 

all they do is train for defence or war / there will be no one wanting war with a pandemic in there country

put all the forces which have thousands of medics on the payroll 

put there skills to work for the people

why not/ the private sector need to make money out of the sick

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, opalred said:

with the virus here and world wide every country have armed forces 

all they do is train for defence or war / there will be no one wanting war with a pandemic in there country

put all the forces which have thousands of medics on the payroll 

put there skills to work for the people

why not/ the private sector need to make money out of the sick

There are the laws.

I many countries the military can only be used under a few limited conditions for anything else than their main job.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thainet said:

Actually this is untrue.  Please do more self research and post again.

Educate me, my GF has just paid 30 baht for a visit to a government hospital and came back with 2 months' supply of Omeprazole. Free.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Educate me, my GF has just paid 30 baht for a visit to a government hospital and came back with 2 months' supply of Omeprazole. Free.

I asked you to do your own research as you made the first blanket statement, but as you won't then I will educate you as requested.

1) Up to about 5 years ago all Thai people were eligible for the basic 30 baht card, to be used at government hospitals.

If a Thai citizen took up the offer and registered for the scheme, then they are still eligible for their lifetime (or until another scheme replaces it). If they didn't register at that time, then for the past 4-5 years it is impossible to register, and hospital costs must be self paid.

2) Even with the basic 30 baht card not all costs are covered (room for example).

3) A gold card issued to the elderly actually covers all costs 100%.

Hope that clarifies everything for you.

8 hours ago, thainet said:

I asked you to do your own research as you made the first blanket statement, but as you won't then I will educate you as requested.

1) Up to about 5 years ago all Thai people were eligible for the basic 30 baht card, to be used at government hospitals.

If a Thai citizen took up the offer and registered for the scheme, then they are still eligible for their lifetime (or until another scheme replaces it). If they didn't register at that time, then for the past 4-5 years it is impossible to register, and hospital costs must be self paid.

2) Even with the basic 30 baht card not all costs are covered (room for example).

3) A gold card issued to the elderly actually covers all costs 100%.

Hope that clarifies everything for you.

Thank you for the information.

When someone gives me a peremptory instruction on Thai Visa to do something, I don't react well to it when I have countervailing evidence.

Hope that clarifies my attitude for you.

• Sad 1

On 1/28/2021 at 1:50 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

There are the laws.

I many countries the military can only be used under a few limited conditions for anything else than their main job.

I don't think anyone would complain if army field hospitals were used to treat corona patients. However, I doubt they have enough trained medics to cope with the numbers in badly affected countries.