US actress Jane Fonda to get Golden Globes' lifetime achievement award

snoop1130

US actress Jane Fonda to get Golden Globes' lifetime achievement award

_116686570_gettyimages-461496356.jpg

Jane Fonda has had a glittering acting career spanning six decades / GETTY IMAGES

US actress Jane Fonda is to be honoured with a lifetime achievement award at next month's Golden Globes, which celebrate excellence in film and TV.

"Her undeniable talent has gained her the highest level of recognition," said the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) - the ceremony's organiser.

"While her professional life has taken many turns, her unwavering commitment to evoking change has remained."

Fonda, 83, has had a glittering acting career spanning six decades.

Full Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55820617

bbc.jpg

-- © Copyright BBC 2021-01-27

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The citation on the award will read "Oh, you angel! You absolute angel!"

"Golden globes" refers to her tit action in the intellectual masterpiece Barbarella, Queen of the Galaxy. With the tagline "See Jane Fonda ... do ... her ... thing." When I was in college she came to give a speech on campus, and  the Young Republicans Club put on a showing of Barbarella in her honor -- get the trogdolytic leftists (yup, Spiro Agnew was vice president then) into the right mood for her speech. Ironically, in an auditorium of the campus building named "Angell Hall".

Edited by dave s

If memory serves me correctly, there wasn't much of tit action in Barbarella and Jane Fonda per se has never been very "vocal" in that department, plastic surgery notwithstanding. However I would love to see her portray 21st century Annie get your gun meet Qanon Marjorie Taylor Greene in the upcoming Netflix presentation: "Capitol: the Insurrection." I'm sure even at 80 (minus or plus a few) she would jump at the chance to do a bad-ass villainess.

25 minutes ago, helpisgood said:

And don't forget she won many film nominations and awards.  I think that was the main point of the OP.  

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000404/awards?ref_=nm_awd

Yes. Very good point.

There are entertainment figures that I admire very much for their work but completely detest their politics. 

I don't see how a performer's politics should have an impact on what awards they may deserve.

For example James Woods, one of my favorite actors. I find his politics extremely horrible. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 12:26 AM, Orton Rd said:

She never recanted or apologized for undermining her country, and surprise surprise never went to live in a communist one. typical lefty hypocrite

Maybe because she was on the right side of history?    The USA did not belong in Vietnam. 

She didn't undermine her country.  Our politicians did that, sending millions of our kids to kill and die in someone else's civil war.

Which sounds kind of familiar to this day.  The best way to support our troops?  Shame our politicians into bringing them home to be with their families.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1