Disney to update Jungle Cruise ride after racism allegations

snoop1130

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

Wonder if Thais will update their views towards us dirty farangs and racism?   Wondering for a friend... ????

I have been coming to Thailand since the seventies.

Cant say I have ever experienced any of this racism that seems to be getting you down.  

Quite the opposite in my experience. They admire my sturdy nose bridge, my pearly white cheeks, my height and my considerable length. 
Nothing but admiration and praise almost daily and made me feel most welcome.

If I did, being a privileged white make I would just laugh it off anyway. 

And this story from the USA is a bit over the top. They seem obsessed about perceived racism. It is nonsense. Who actually complained? 

• Like 2

I love Disney and have visited all the Parks a few times......yes I am 51 !

I had taken my wife on the ride in question and this is just more PC garbage infecting the US as quickly as Covid 19 . The NFL team being made to change its name to the Washington football team for example. Still, after Trump we need another reason to laugh and feel better about our own shortcomings.

15 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

I have been coming to Thailand since the seventies.

Cant say I have ever experienced any of this racism that seems to be getting you down.  

Quite the opposite in my experience. They admire my sturdy nose bridge, my pearly white cheeks, my height and my considerable length. 
Nothing but admiration and praise almost daily and made me feel most welcome.

If I did, being a privileged white make I would just laugh it off anyway. 

And this story from the USA is a bit over the top. They seem obsessed about perceived racism. It is nonsense. Who actually complained? 

I first arrived in 70 too.  Good days then.  For the PC thing we only have to look to who is leading it and the power that they achieve from it.  A power that has always been attractive to them since the garden itself.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

PC culture. What can one say? I despise it as much as cancel culture. We are getting weaker and weaker as a society, by catering to every single whim and complaint.

You do realize that it is Disney itself making this decision, right?

No one is forcing them (or as the pearl-clutcher's say "cancel") to do this.

Your beef is with Disney, so maybe voice your concerns with them directly. Same goes for anyone with a beef about the Washington Football Team.

Now let's all go watch "Song of the South".

And don't tell me my lawn jockeys are racially insensitive.

Disney has along, long, long, long history of white-washing their more embarassing tropes from films. This is hardly the first.

At least those Thai kids were cute in "It's a Small World After All".

20 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Cant say that each and every one of us exp the same exact results when we arrive and travel thru the LOS...dont recall saying I was down, but simply stating facts, lucky you.

As far at it being nonsense Im willing I can bet the color of your skin and your gender, and such privileges you have likely carried all of your life..and your fancy nose.

Ill just leave this here since you seem to think its "Fake News"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Thailand