Best burger in Bangkok

wprime

Another vote for 25 Degrees.  I used to go to the original one in the Hollywood Roosevelt hotel across from Grauman's Chinese Theater.

They use AMERICAN beef.  Nuff said.

Try the Mexi burger.   M-F Lunch special is a combo for 500 baht all in.  They won the Bangkok Burger Challenge 3 years in a row.

16 hours ago, blackcab said:

Although not at the minute, unfortunately, as restaurants are not allowed to sell alcohol due to the covid restrictions. Hopefully this will change soon though.

Looks like a final decision is to be made tomorrow so it could be burgers and cold brew time again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

The Buddy Burger at Buddy's Bar & Grill, at either Soi 89 or 22.

Or any of the burgers (Mexican/USA/BBQ style) at Margarita Storm at Soi 13, or at Sunrise Tacos in Mega Bangna.

Oh stop it Crunch Wrap! You're starting to make me drool ????

On 1/27/2021 at 9:14 PM, Catkiwi said:

Excellent burger and a pretty decent menu over all at the Huntsman. Located on the basement level under the Landmark hotel, on Sukhumvit, near Nana BTS. Also has various brews of draught beer on tap and a 2 for 1 happy hour, early evening. 

You own the place?

• Confused 1

On 1/28/2021 at 8:21 AM, soi3eddie said:

Prime Burger Sukhumvit (almost opposite where Bad Burger was).

Good choice of burgers, fresh and tasty with great meat. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/fwZAUYBNThDkWd2EA

They also have an outlet in Soi Buakhao, Pattaya. 

I've had the BKK branch's burgers a couple times via delivery, and I was surprised by just how good and refreshingly different their ground beef patties taste there....

Dunno know why, but they are GOOD!!!  Don't have the funky strange taste that a lot of TH ground beef seems to have.

Arno's probably has better prices and deals. But the actual beef burgers at Prime are substantially better and better tasting.

• Thanks 1

We used to have pretty regular running threads on the forum on the best hamburgers in BKK, etc etc.. But then folks got distracted with more pressing matters, along the way.

Glad to see the return of a best BKK burgers thread!!!  :thumbsup:

A good burger is quite comforting and soothing  in troubled times.

And lots of past places have changed, come, gone, etc in the ensuing years.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've had the BKK branch's burgers a couple times via delivery, and I was surprised by just how good and refreshingly different their ground beef patties taste there....

Dunno know why, but they are GOOD!!!  Don't have the funky strange taste that a lot of TH ground beef seems to have.

Arno's probably has better prices and deals. But the actual beef burgers at Prime are substantially better and better tasting.

Be careful, you'll be accused of owning the place... 

• Haha 1

Sorry to my overseas brethren here, but speaking as an American, I don't think I can ever recall having a GOOD beef hamburger at a British-style pub in BKK....

On the other hand, Bully's Pub on Suk Road near Soi 4 does some pretty decent hamburgers, at least they did the last time I ate there a year or so ago.  I think they may have had an ownership/management change somewhere along the way.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 10:54 AM, camble said:

I also like Daniel Thaiger.  Unfortunately, they closed on Sukhumvit Soi 11 at the end of November but I think they have other locations.

I was wondering when someone was going to come along and mention Daniel Thaiger.... His places were all the burger rage in BKK for some time prior to the coronavirus coming along...

But for me, they were never more than just OK, and in real life, never as big or thick as typical photos make them out to be.  I was underwhelmed relative to the considerable hype.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:45 PM, LALes said:

Another vote for 25 Degrees.  I used to go to the original one in the Hollywood Roosevelt hotel across from Grauman's Chinese Theater.

They use AMERICAN beef.  Nuff said.

Try the Mexi burger.   M-F Lunch special is a combo for 500 baht all in.  They won the Bangkok Burger Challenge 3 years in a row.

I never understood how that happened... I always thought their burgers were OK, but not among the best in BKK nor ones that I'd particularly go out of my way to eat.

For me, the restaurant and the chefs can dress things up as much as they want with fancy buns or sauces or other add-ons, but if the beef patty itself isn't good (fresh, properly seasoned, good mix of meat and fat balance, hopefully grilled, served hot and fresh), then everything else is just window dressing.

Dunno if others have run into this...  But for me, one of the oddities of Thais cooks preparing hamburgers here is their seeming inability to cook the burger to the requested level of doneness.

I can't count the number of different burger (and steak) places I've eaten at in BKK with Thai cooks where meat that you ask to be cooked medium comes out blood rare, and meat that you ask to cook well-done comes out medium, if you're lucky.

My Thai wife prefers her beef and steaks to be cooked well done. I remember eating at NY Style Steak and Burger on Suk Soi 23 one time (one of many times I ate there prior to the virus coming along) where we had to send my wife's steak back to the kitchen literally three successive times because they kept bringing it back rare/medium rare/medium done.  :crying:

Have the same thing happen to me regularly with burgers. My favorite burger place right now, I already know, that in order to get a medium cooked burger that is my preference, I have to order it with them well-done. And even then sometimes it comes out literally red and slightly raw in the middle.

I've never ever encountered anything like that back in the U.S.

I had the 25 degree burger today:

25degrees.jpg

The beef was a little undercooked but all the ingredients were good quality which made for a decent burger. Not the best though.

This is the burger that used to be at the top of Central embassy. A burger, so perfectly erected every time you'd think it was made for a stock photo or advertisement. The beef patty, perfectly cooked medium rare topped with a piece of cheese melted so perfectly it could make the wife of a Michelin star chef weep. Topped with a crispy tomato and held together between a sesame seed bun more perfectly shaped than a Korean plastic surgeon could dream of achieving. All of this paired with fries that are so crispy you'd want for nothing else.

meatbar.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2021 at 8:30 PM, wprime said:

just want a good beef patty, some caramalised onions, tomato, cheese, lettuce on a bun made with less sugar than a donut.

good thing you're not fussy. 

lovely word play above... good job. 

Edited by 1FinickyOne

5 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Be careful, you'll be accused of owning the place... 

Indeed Mate, some paranoid dark side people may think that this is the best forum for billionaire hotel chain owners to promote their best burger range ????

• Haha 2

If you don't hound them, you will get a well done burger.  I make sure the manager knows if my burger isn't done medium rare and I keep

after them if they fail to comply on subsequent occasions.  Its not in Thai nature to undercook meat and it takes a lot of effort to get them

to understand falang tastes.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"Pork burger" should NEVER be mentioned in any discussion related to beef hamburgers... no matter how good they might be.  :crying:

Otherwise, someone's going to come along and start talking about tofu burgers or how they liked their "Beyond Meat" burger or their latest McDonald's chicken burger.... Puleeze!!!!   :biggrin:

Nothing wrong with a good "Porking" Tall Guy!!

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Dunno if others have run into this...  But for me, one of the oddities of Thais cooks preparing hamburgers here is their seeming inability to cook the burger to the requested level of doneness.

I can't count the number of different burger (and steak) places I've eaten at in BKK with Thai cooks where meat that you ask to be cooked medium comes out blood rare, and meat that you ask to cook well-done comes out medium, if you're lucky.

My Thai wife prefers her beef and steaks to be cooked well done. I remember eating at NY Style Steak and Burger on Suk Soi 23 one time (one of many times I ate there prior to the virus coming along) where we had to send my wife's steak back to the kitchen literally three successive times because they kept bringing it back rare/medium rare/medium done.  :crying:

Have the same thing happen to me regularly with burgers. My favorite burger place right now, I already know, that in order to get a medium cooked burger that is my preference, I have to order it with them well-done. And even then sometimes it comes out literally red and slightly raw in the middle.

I've never ever encountered anything like that back in the U.S.

Same here.  I always order medium well to well done and take my chances with it coming back charred.  Usually comes back medium+ but have had the rare occasion that it was burnt black.