Confused about Entry to Thailand

jimmi

I am just about to start the process my for entry into Thailand and get a tourist visa.  I just want to be clear, I should apply for the visa first, before I apply for the COE, correct.  I plan on arriving early to mid March.  Do I need to show booking for ASQ hotel and Insurance for visa or just flight to Bangkok?  I did a test run on the COE site and it asked to upload my passport (expected that), next it asked to upload my Covid Insurance.  I plan to get my Visa thru Thai Consulate in L.A. USA.

Apply for the Visa first. However, I suggest you start researching and deciding for a ASQ and Flight Ticket before you apply for a Visa. I just finished the whole process and there's a whole lot that needs to "fit togheter". Insurance was the toughest part IMHO. 

Good luck buddie. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimmi said:

I am just about to start the process my for entry into Thailand and get a tourist visa.  I just want to be clear, I should apply for the visa first, before I apply for the COE, correct.  I plan on arriving early to mid March.  Do I need to show booking for ASQ hotel and Insurance for visa or just flight to Bangkok?  I did a test run on the COE site and it asked to upload my passport (expected that), next it asked to upload my Covid Insurance.  I plan to get my Visa thru Thai Consulate in L.A. USA.

The first step is to contact the Thai consulate in LA

or at least check what are their requirments on their site

What the heck is this certificate anyway?

There are test centers at airports. You receive a document from the lab showing you are covid negative. But what exactly is an additional certificate? A doctor confirming that you do not have the virus based on the lab test result?

On 1/30/2021 at 6:12 PM, hav said:

There are test centers at airports. You receive a document from the lab showing you are covid negative. But what exactly is an additional certificate? A doctor confirming that you do not have the virus based on the lab test result?

My understanding is that you need a PCR-test paper + a fit-to-fly certificate. If there is 3rd "certificate" needed I don't see what it could be, but who knows.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 12:12 AM, hav said:

A fit to fly certificate - nothing to do with the covid test result - is a simple declaration by a medical doctor that you are fit to fly. There are no criteria, there is no model certificate. The words ‘fit to fly’ are crucial and must appear in the text. I used this simple, straightforward text and had it signed by my GP:

B0C5BCD3-36B4-4478-830D-8050F3294B87.jpeg

Edited by damascase
  • Like 2

Regarding Covid Insurance ?
Is it absolute that visitors to Thailand on a tourist visa or ( whatever is the current visa format is ) MUST buy  Covid insurance from a Thai insurance company or is my U.K. travel insurance ( with Covid cover )  sufficient ?.

Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, Janner1 said:

is my U.K. travel insurance ( with Covid cover )  sufficient ?

^ this, a long as you get them to provide an official letter spelling it out i.e. don't expect anyone to trawl through your policy document.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Salerno said:

this, a long as you get them to provide an official letter spelling it out i.e. don't expect anyone to trawl through your policy document.

Thanks Salerno, I will endeavour to do that and get it translated in due course

18 hours ago, damascase said:

A fit to fly certificate - nothing to do with the covid test result - is a simple declaration by a medical doctor that you are fit to fly. There are no criteria, there is no model certificate. The words ‘fit to fly’ are crucial and must appear in the text. I used this simple, straightforward text and had it signed by my GP:

Thanks, but i was refering to a certificate in addition to the covid PCR test result.

I know about fit to fly certificate, but i didn't mean this.

To translate from Thai embassy in Berlin:

"Medical certificate in English certifying that you are free from Coronavirus COVID-19, together with a laboratory test using RT-PCR, issued no older than 72 hours before departure"

So they seem to request the PCR test result from the lab AND a document from a doctor confirming this test result. I will set this up and get it signed by the doctor once I have received the test result...just to be sure.

Edited by hav

3 minutes ago, Janner1 said:

Thanks Salerno, I will endeavour to do that and get it translated in due course

Here's a couple of examples people in a FB group have used:

134174953_2809334762651656_9683765295005

---------

https-scontent-fsyd1-1-fna-fbcdn-net-v-t1-0-9-142440709_887363872013253_7499456754726699703_o-jpg-_n-c-__3Ezd2LPr0AX_EyI9q-_nc_ht-scontent-fsyd1-1-fna-oh-942d48.png.768100389d0e7254883996e54f9dce54.png

There's other examples if you want to have a look through (link above).

You should also get your insurance to confirm they will pay for costs involved if you test positive and get dragged off to hospital with no symptoms and get that in writing for your own piece of mind. The second example above is the insurance that tried to get out of paying in this thread: 

On 2/2/2021 at 6:53 PM, hav said:

To translate from Thai embassy in Berlin:

"Medical certificate in English certifying that you are free from Coronavirus COVID-19, together with a laboratory test using RT-PCR, issued no older than 72 hours before departure"

Same for the French on the Thai embassy website in Paris. I suspect this is needed in countries where the PCR-test is not expected to be in English. For instance PCR-test in French or German, with an accompanying doctor's letter spelling out in English that the test was negative.

Oddly enough, no such requirement on the Thai embassy website in Brussels although tests in Belgium are not in English by default. The Thai embassy website in Belgium is in English only though (no french or dutch).

That's weird.

I think the lab result has to be in English. That's why test centers at the airports here always offer an English lab result free of charge. I opted for a confirmation of my passport ID though, 10 Euro extra. Just to be sure.

Maybe I just misunderstand what they wrote. Maybe they mean medical certificate (lab test) showing a lab test result 'negative'. But i am not taking this risk and will let a doctor sign a  document saying I am corona negative.