What will happen if I overstay?

My situation is a bit complicated. My husband and I are WP, Non B holder under the BOI company. Both of our permit expires in late March. We hired a lawyer to extend our permits and then just found out that we have an other issue with our BOI license and everything, long story short, lawyer is taking care of the license part now and once it's done we can apply for the WP/visa extension. 

I'm just worried in case we can't meet the timeline, so I'm just checking in advance to see what will actually happen to me if we overstay in case we can't extend our WP in time. 

I'm currently 7.5 months pregnant with high risk factors (means, from this moment, anytime baby can pop out and would need an emergency c-section) so I can't just simply fly back to my country at this point. 

When my WP expires, that's around my due date as well... 

So I'm preparing the worst situation, that I might be delivering the baby when my visa is alreay expired ???? then what will happen to me?  Do I have to leave the country before 90days of the overstay period after baby is born? And paying the fine at the airport, that's it? But even more complicated... My baby's Canadian passport will take at least 4-6 months to receive according to the official site due to the Covid situation, so basically I can't leave the country within 90 days. 

Is there any chance that immigration is being flexible for my/husband case if Dr writes an official letter for me and my husband to stay in the country till the delivery or after the delivery without any penalty etc? 

I'm just being prepared in advance to see what's the options here, there are still bigger chances that our permits be extended just in time. 

2.25 In the case of medical 

treatment or convalescence or to look after a patient: 

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 90 days at a time. 

(1) Confirmation and request has been made by a physician 

responsible for the treatment. The Physician must describe the details of treatment and advised that the illness is a barrier for travelling. 

(2) In the case of looking after a patient, confirmation and request has been made by the physician responsible for the treatment or by an embassy or consulate. 

(3) Patient Carer, except parents, spouse, children, adopted children or children of spouse, shall be granted no more than 1 extra person. 

In the case of medical 

42 minutes ago, fishtank said:

2.25 In the case of medical 

(1) Confirmation and request has been made by a physician 

responsible for the treatment. The Physician must describe the details of treatment and advised that the illness is a barrier for travelling. 

(2) In the case of looking after a patient, confirmation and request has been made by the physician responsible for the treatment or by an embassy or consulate. 

(3) Patient Carer, except parents, spouse, children, adopted children or children of spouse, shall be granted no more than 1 extra person. 

In the case of medical 

Thanks this helps ????

11 hours ago, Ray394 said:

Thanks this helps ????

You can apply for the extension based upon medical treatment for being pregnant. But you must do it before overstaying.

Overstaying can create a lot problems so it never advised unless it is only a few days if you qualify for an extension of stay and need little time to get it done.

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the extension based upon medical treatment for being pregnant. But you must do it before overstaying.

Overstaying can create a lot problems so it never advised unless it is only a few days if you qualify for an extension of stay and need little time to get it done.

Thanks for the advice! I will definitely do that when the extension time comes closer and if it fails. I will coordinate it with my lawyer and Dr when time comes.

Archived