Honda Rebel

JRG23

So I'm thinking of purchasing the Honda Rebel, either 300 or 500.

I've ridden a Honda 250 for years but just fancy a change - and need a new bike.

The Rebel looks great but just wondering what any owners think of the bike (either 300 or 500) and how it rides on Bangkok's roads.

I'll be using it mainly in Bangkok.

Thanks for any comments. 

Cheers. J  

9 hours ago, papa al said:

The 300 be less hot &

EZ rider.

Agreed. Less hot but about 70k cheaper. (300 - 150k; 500 - 220k)

Have seen a few on the roads, like the look of them, but wondered how users feel about the 'Rebel experience'??

3 hours ago, Agusts said:

A cruiser bike for BKK street traffic... !? Small spaces and sois, and manovering it around cars and corners...! How does that make sense...!? ????

Well, I wouldn't call it a big bike. I have a 250 and the wife uses a 125 scooter, both easy as chips in the traffic. The Honda Rebel 300 and 500 both have the same specs in terms of size and width etc.

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

PCX - 1.98 M

Forza - 2.3 M

0.302 M - aprox 1 foot

That's not the wheelbase difference, also take into account the weight, Forza is much heavier and harder to maneuver around in small spaces, parking lots and heavy traffic, it's not the question of width in mm on paper, I'm sure you already know this having both bikes....!

Rebel bikes have longer wheelbase than 125cc scooters, heavier and different rake/trail ratio, so much harder to maneuver in tight corners or do U-turn...

I don't know why I'm tryin to explain the obvious...!!! ???? 

Bangkok traffic only = small scooter, out on the open road Rebel and Forza all the way...????

23 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Length overall is the deciding factor, who cares where the wheels are

Wheelbase + steering lock define the turning radius, overall length plays no direct role apart from being somewhat related to wheelbase ????