Anyone Use Tricare Medical For Visa Application?

It won't work.  I recently received my annual tricare letter of medical coverage.....but nowhere does it state special coverage for Covid or any monetary coverage.

If you're applying for a visa from the US, your insurance policy must state $100,000 coverage for covid related illness.  I've had very good dealings with Luma Health Insurance.......90 day coverage for 8000 baht.

What visa are you applying for. If applying for a OA visa in the states tricare will be accepted if you can get a signature on the "Overseas Insurance Certificate".

If actually applying for a extension of a OA visa entry based upon retirement it will not be accepted by immigration.

Thanks for the information about the Tricare Facebook group! Ubonjoe, I'm coming over there on an OA visa, unfortunately I can only stay for 3 months maximum. I found some information on the JUSMAGTHAI website that says a lot of effort has been put into trying to get Tricare approved for acceptance by the Thai government for the visa, but unfortunately it just hasn't happened.

14 minutes ago, tao40 said:

... I'm coming over there on an OA visa, unfortunately I can only stay for 3 months maximum.

As @Sheryl already wrote, if you can stay only for 3 months maximum, it would be far easier for you to just apply for a 60-day Tourist Visa, and at the end of those 60 days apply for a 30-day extension of stay.  Doing so you won't need the health-insurance policy as required for a Non Imm O-A Visa application. 

But of course like anybody currently entering Thailand you would need to meet the CoE requirements, which includes a 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance.

Note: If you would only be staying 75 days, you could even consider entering Visa Exempt which will provide you with a 45 day permission to stay, which can also be extended for an additional 30 days.

5 hours ago, tao40 said:

Thanks Sheryl, & Peter, that's what I should have done, unfortunately my passport is already at the consulate for the visa, live & learn!!

HI, if the Thai Embassy for one reason or another refuses your application (e.g. a missing or not correctly filled-in document) you could 'dump' that initial application, and either go for the 60-day Tourist Visa or the 45-day Visa Exempt entry (if the latter with its possible 30 day extension, would be sufficient for you).

When your Non Imm O-A Visa is approved, there is 'no man overboard', and would actually be a good option when you visit Thailand at least once a year.  So you could make the best of that Visa as it can provide you with almost 2 years of IO hassle-free stay in Thailand, with the additional advantage that the Non Imm O-A Visa does not require you to park/transfer funds to a Thai personal bank-account.

Archived