Thailand to warmly welcome inoculated travellers

webfact

Surely the local population in Thailand also needs to be vaccinated for this approach to work?

Just because you've been vaccinated does not mean you cannot be infectious - and most vaccinated visitors will be from China, where the vaccine being used has a reported effectiveness of around 50%.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 9:42 AM, Lacessit said:

Have you applied to leave Australia, and can you get a flight to Thailand?

I can't afford the 14 days quarantine in Bangkok plus the 14 days in Sydney on return> I recently had all my savings, $5000, scammed from my bank account. I have since saved enough for return flight and spending money, but not quarantine money

Correct me if I am wrong but,the vaccine does not prevent you getting the virus it simply lessens severity of symptoms. Also, it does NOT prevent you spreading the disease. How many Thais have been vaccinated?? How many will have been by October? I'd say the way things are going...not that many. With these things in mind, I would say opening the floodgates for international tourists could be a little silly. 

8 minutes ago, Rainville said:

Dude... It's been posted so many times now... 

More and more studies show that the vaccines (Pfizer/Moderna/AZ) heavily reduce transmition. 

There's a reason more and more countries are evaluating letting vaccinated people in without quarantine.

Or you can stay in your cave and keep your hands on your ears. Up to you.

Covid is here long term, we can’t close the globe down forever unfortunately there will ‘casualties’ on the way maybe even me.

21 minutes ago, Rainville said:

More and more studies show that the vaccines (Pfizer/Moderna/AZ) heavily reduce transmition. 

There's a reason more and more countries are evaluating letting vaccinated people in without quarantine.

11 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Covid is here long term, we can’t close the globe down forever unfortunately there will ‘casualties’ on the way maybe even me.

Covid will never go away again . It will be kept under control , in 1st place now by vaccination . If enough people take it , then the reduced spread and the reduced illness will be plenty to go back to normal situation . Vaccinating does reduce transmission , wouldn't stop it , but reduced . A vaccination + covid test should be enough to get you going anywhere , even without quarantine . If it works good , and the situation is under control in all places ( vaccinated enough people also in Thailand ) , then the test could go away also .

So you do not have to shut down forever ... 1st we need to get to that 70-80% of people vaccinated to get in that situation . Give it a few months more ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sezze said:

A vaccination + covid test should be enough to get you going anywhere , even without quarantine . If it works good , and the situation is under control in all places ( vaccinated enough people also in Thailand ) , then the test could go away also .

So you do not have to shut down forever ... 1st we need to get to that 70-80% of people vaccinated to get in that situation . Give it a few months more ...

Seychelles strategy for now is, vaccinated plus covid test = no quarantine, until they immunise most of their population. Once that is achieved (end of March in their case), non vaccinated will avoid quarantine just with a test, and vaccinated people will enter without any further testing.

It won't be the same in every country, but that is the ultimate goal. Either you are vaccinated or you have just a pcr test to avoid quarantine (for people that won't or can't vaccinate).

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Rainville said:

Actually, what  i wrote is more 'devils advocate' point of view. In reality I am TOTALLY sick of the b.s that has been spewed out about this whole thing by the media. In reality, according to the CDC for me, and basically the majority of people, Covid 19 has an EXTREMELY low likelyhood of killing me or even making me particularly sick. Today I am going to ride my motorcycle to Tesco Lotus on NakonNayok road. I am much more likely to die doing that today......and I bloody love it! I wake up in the morning and see people in my village wearing masks as they water their gardens, wash their cars...with NO ONE around!!! What has been perpetuated regarding this virus is fear mongering of the highest order!! I hope heads will roll one day over the handling of all this. I would happily be one of the mob with a pitchfork! 

4 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Actually, what  i wrote is more 'devils advocate' point of view. In reality I am TOTALLY sick of the b.s that has been spewed out about this whole thing by the media. In reality, according to the CDC for me, and basically the majority of people, Covid 19 has an EXTREMELY low likelyhood of killing me or even making me particularly sick. Today I am going to ride my motorcycle to Tesco Lotus on NakonNayok road. I am much more likely to die doing that today......and I bloody love it! I wake up in the morning and see people in my village wearing masks as they water their gardens, wash their cars...with NO ONE around!!! What has been perpetuated regarding this virus is fear mongering of the highest order!! I hope heads will roll one day over the handling of all this. I would happily be one of the mob with a pitchfork! 

There is no reason to wear a mask if you are alone . Same as there is no reason to wear a mask inside home with your family , if they live with you constantly . Will Covid make you sick , well that depends on many factors unknown so far . Older age is a risk , so is obesitas , bloodgroup A , underlying conditions , ... and sometimes prob bad luck . For the numbers around here , you got like 7-8% chance of ending in hospital , and 1% of dying . I personally do not think you got anywhere close to those risk on the road if you drive normal . Also , you are the one you think is driving . What do you think of the other person on the road driving 150 km/h , drunk and on yabba , in your street ? When you pick your own chance , all is fine , since you know you do take that risk . But are you willing to stand on the other side ? The side which people cannot choose , the side where people get hurt by other persons who are reckless ?

You do not have to take insane measures , only keep your distance to others , and use a mask to provide the extra % of protection . Those 2 things fix 100% of infections , but many people can't or won't listen .