'Crazy and evil': Bill Gates surprised by pandemic conspiracies

webfact

11 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I think that 73% drop was about voter fraud.  Still lots of fake info out there.  Especially about vaccines, Bill Gates, etc.  QAnon is alive and well....sadly....

You are right about that. Still Trump's incumbency help propagate conspiracy theories. He is viewed as a hero by the movement and has described QAnon activists as 'people who love our country". With him gone and social media suspension of accounts promoting QAnon conspiracy theories, we can expect those contents to decline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A conspiracy troll post has been removed:

UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON THAIVISA AMID COVID-19 - 25 MARCH 2020

In addition to the guidelines posted below and those detailed in the Thaivisa forum rules and following the announcement that Thai government will invoke emergency powers in order to help deal with the COVID-19 situation in the country, Thaivisa requests members posting on the forum to abide by the following:

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic.   

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

Thank you for your co-operation.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Gates predicted COVID-19 in 2016. While I don't like the company he built, he is a smart guy.

When you have 50% of Americans still believing in angels, it's no surprise they should believe in weird stuff as well.

My thought exactly. 

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Being philanthropic in a densely overpopulated world is a luxury I do not permit myself to .

The suicidal overpopulation has to stop , or our species has no future .

Covid helps to do that . And to reduce pollution .

It may be a good thing after all ...?

“Scrooge hung his head to hear his own words quoted by the Spirit, and was overcome with penitence and grief.

"Man," said the Ghost, "if man you be in heart, not adamant, forbear that wicked cant until you have discovered What the surplus is, and Where it is. Will you decide what men shall live, what men shall die? It may be, that in the sight of Heaven, you are more worthless and less fit to live than millions like this poor man's child. Oh God! to hear the Insect on the leaf pronouncing on the too much life among his hungry brothers in the dust!”

― Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

"But do people really believe that stuff?," Gates asked.

People will believe anything, there are Americans (& probably many others) who believe that the world is flat contrary to all evidence otherwise, e.g. Space Station & Satellite Photo's, round world flights / cruises, etc.

There are even some that believe I exist.

• Like 1